SAU Community

Best performance street tyres

Im in the market for 2 new 235/45 r17 tyres to replace the cheap chinese tyres on the fronts.

Looking for the best quality tyres with good wet and dry performance, not too fussed about wear rating or pricing.

I was thinking bridgestone re003s

Any other suggestions?

Advan ad08r great dry performance. Better than you would expect given the amount of tread they have wet weather performance.

In the same category as the re003 is also the hankook rs3

I have the 595 rsrr at the moment, but they have some incredible road noise, good grip and cheap, but you don't want to be cruising down highways/motorways on them.

I run a 255/40/r18 ad08r on the front and a 315/30/r18 Nt01 on the rear. Probably the most expensive combination you could get hahaha but I can't fault the setup.
I have a partially stripped out s13 widebody with a 460whp rb25 with full rollcage, solid bushes on everything, 15 body braces as well as big whiteline swaybars and obviously coilovers to top it all off...
so I'm super light and super stiff...
Traction has always been an issue but since running this setup for the last few months I couldn't be happier with how the car sticks to the road...

NT01 isn't really a street tyre, it is in fact barely legal as there's about 2mm of tread before it hits the indicator (well the 1st indicator). I run them on my car however it's 80% track 20% street use so I don't mind the useless wet weather grip and the crazy amounts of road noise.

For a decent set of street tyres I would look at Nitto's INVO range or Bridgestone RE003.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Hadouken said:

Where in aus can you get them?

Unfortunately you can't yet.. They came on my car from Japan.. I've emailed Bridgestone Australia and they said the tyre would become available to our market this year... Patiently waiting..

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, vxsr33 said:

I ended up getting rs3's all round in 235/45/17. Very happy with them, the grip and turn in response is amazing and i found them to be good in the wet too.

they are good hey. Have them on the front at the moment in the same size as you, and will do them on the rear too as soon as current tyres wear out.

For me to date though, the ultimate performance street tyre is still the RSRR. Just bloody awesome. Quick wearing but also relatively 'dirt cheap' on the performance scale. I imagine the ad08 might be better still but more $$, and not used them myself.

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, Anfanee said:

Apparently the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4's are brilliant. 

I also hear great things about these; only thing the tyre shop pointed out, is they're not made for' performance' driving, eg not made with large shoulder blocks...so apparently will be good but just wear fairly quickly if pushed.