SAU Community

RB26 issues

RB26 issues

Good Afternoon everyone,

I've finally had time to start repairing my GTR. I had a vacuum leak from the intake manifold in the past and have changed all gaskets. Since putting it back together, two issues exist:

I've lost the brake booster
I have a fluctuating idle...When I start the car, it idles and sits at 2000rpm for about 10 seconds, following that it idles between 1300rpm-2000rpm (fluctuates)

I have taken the car to a mechanic and they have tested for leaks with a smoke machine. No leaks were reported.

Does anyone have any experience with these issues or have any ideas as to where I should start?

Thank you, comments much appreciated! 

Hey guys, I've checked to see if the IIRC valve is operating which it seems to be, the plastic chamber is not cracked... I've checked the hoses out of the auxillary valve and they seem to be on tight and in the right location. (I also installed new hoses) Does anyone have any other suggestions as to why the brake booster is not working and a fluctuating idle? Thank you so much in advance 

Potential to be 2 seperate issues with many causes. Here's some

Brake booster: Air in the brake system, booster flange issue, one way valve, vacuum leak/air leak

Eratic idle/Idles high: Vacuum leak, fouled Injectors, Idle speed, fouled plugs, ECU setting/s

guys just for an update I've fixed the brake booster issue, the idle now sits at 2100rpm when it starts then hunts between 1500rpm-2100rpm...Could it be an AAC issue? or can anyone else point me in the right direction? 

I've driven the car and it drives fine, it's just that idle issue now.

Thanks so much in advance