SAU Community

Ford power figures.

P1E

I've just been looking around the Ford web-site and didn't come up with much.

I'm looking for the following figures: XR6 RWKW, XR6T RWKW and XR8 RWKW.

I know a few of you drive them. Then again, my old man has one and doesn't know. His guess is around 180 KW at the fly for the XR6.

Out of interest, I also wouldn't mind knowing the Holden figures for the S, SS and... whatever else Holden have.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barra 182 - XT, XR6, Futura, Fairmont, Fairmont Ghia

182kw @ 5000rpm

380Nm @ 3250rpm

CR - 9.7:1

Barra 240T - XR6 TURBO

240kw @ 5250rpm

450Nm @ 2000 to 4500rpm

CR - 8.7:1

Barra 220 - XT Sedan (optional), Fairmont (optional), Fairmont Ghia (optional)

220kw @ 4750rpm

470Nm @ 3250rpm

CR - 9.7:1

Boss 260 - XR8

260kw @ 5250rpm

500Nm @ 4250rpm

CR - 9.5:1

you beat me to it

That web-site is good.

Is there any sort of standard way to convert between factory power figures and actual RWKW? How accurate are factory figures?

Aaand lastly, how much does an R33 weigh? 1300kgs?

That web-site is good.

Is there any sort of standard way to convert between factory power figures and actual RWKW? How accurate are factory figures?

Not really, RWKW is after drivetrain losses, and the drivetrain losses are different with each car

Roughly (I have noticed anyway) flywheel KW ~ rear wheel hp

the fords XR6T and XR8 will have around the 160-180rwkw stock ..... they r similar power figures to the holden GEN3 (LS1)..... alothough the fords r ALOT slower, they weigh about 200kg more than holdens similar make....

XR6-100-120 rwkw

s(ecotec 3.8l) 100-110rwkw

ss(gen3) 160-190rwkw

HSV-GTS,clubsport, senator,grange 180-230rwkw (heavy car tho)

ATM go XR6T they r easy to get power from and r pretty reliable, but if u want that V8 sound go gen3 with just bolt on mods the boys at (www.ls1.com.au) r running low 12's.......... and 11's with a stock bottom end.....gen3 can have a piston slap problem so make sure u suss it out b4......

if u go the boss XR8 engine u just wasted $60,000, u need to take the engine out to put extractors on and if u drop a spanner in there u won;t get it back out....

Sory mate but the fords are not 'ALOT' slower than the holdens...

Any ford six will smoke any holden six, then again a ford turbo six will smoke any holden V8.

Have seen an XR8 run an SS (which is the car its marketed against) and beat it, although not by much...

dunno if it helps, but a mate has an XR6T with a few mods (exhaust and boost), and it dyno'd 331rwhp

dude u get ur facts correct b4 u make statments like all XR6T beating SS? if u want to go to stock performace just open ur "MOTOR" magazine and c.....

ur right with the xr6 4.0 and ecotec 3.8 s ....... the ford will win... not by much

331rwhp XR6T not a good effort.... .....did u visit the website i put in the post (www.ls1.com.au)......

bolt on mods inc edit

twin 2.5" zorst wit extractors

Mafless edit

2500rpm stally

CAI

i don't think i am missing anything

will comfortably c 230-260rwkw..... wack a set of semi slicks on it and will c a low to mid 12 second pass..... for wat $2000-4000

do a bit of head and cam work and u will be seeing low 11's

the XR6 turbo is a awesome car and like APS demonstrate they r very quick but u can't compare the difference between kw per dollar...... and m8 wat u c on the street (assuming) really don't mean shiat........i am just learning about skylines (because i think there great cars).... but don't blab on about stuff u don't know or r not sure of........

if ur still a bit unsure have a look at these threads where they compare the two cars from both perspectives down the track

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php...&highlight=mods

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...opic=10267&st=0

Well for with mild mods the aps phase III xr6t has run a 10.98 and is street legal. This package I think costs around $8000 and the the cars intial price tag is only around $45000, so in my opionion mildly modded fords are winning the battle at the moment.

Well for with mild mods the aps phase III xr6t has run a 10.98 and is street legal. This package I think costs around $8000 and the the cars intial price tag is only around $45000, so in my opionion mildly modded fords are winning the battle at the moment.

i c ur point and i spose ur right althouh the genx kit for the gen3 (supercharger) costs $4500 and with a bit of tuning u will be running a high 10.... but if i was to spend that money on a new car atm it would be a xr6t .... it would be a much nicer car to drive to i think.... but u still can't beat that v8 sound...

i agree and i think ford r wining atm and with the arrival of the typhoon they will jump even more ahead .... but u just wait

i will let u on a bit of an insight

the coupe4 (awd v8) comes out next month... this kicks off the holden awd

then late this year the VZ HSV's come out with a 6.2L gen4 350kw (not confirmed yet) then not long after that there will be AWD 350kw HSV's, even the ss(6.0l gen4) get the AWD.... so there will top Aussie beasts running around town..... and then u have the fools that will wack the fatest supercharger onto the side and will probably see a easy 9 second pass......and hopefully have the handling of a GTR :flamed:

cant remember which mag i read it in, either motor or wheels, but the XR6T had the acceleration advantage, but i this was when it was first released, holden have upped their power a bit since then hey?

is the coupe4 coming out in both auto and manual, i heard they were only doing an auto?

cant remember which mag i read it in, either motor or wheels, but the XR6T had the acceleration advantage, but i this was when it was first released, holden have upped their power a bit since then hey?

is the coupe4 coming out in both auto and manual, i heard they were only doing an auto?

the coupe 4 is only comming out in auto only..... this months wheels have got there hands on 1 and have an article on how it goes.....

by the time the HSV's get the gen4 and the awd there should(most likley) b a manual option.... and there will be a 5 speed auto comming out in the next model "VZ" comes out soon.....

ohhh and my quote "9 second pass" .....

i don't think it will be easy..... i think there will be "alot" of drivetrain and weigh problems.....

and speak of the devil my dad just said tonight he is keen on getting a XR6T..... i will have to line it up against my senator :).... i don;t think i will try and convince him to go holden as the new V8's r wat detered me from getting a new one and hence why i went the old skewl 5.7L.... i think my next car will b a GTR R33 :wassup: