SAU Community

Ford power figures.

P1E

No offence to you or holden mate, but i dont think these new 4WD hsv's will sell very well at all...

look how many of those 4WD holden wagons u see around.... NONE!!!

ive got more reasons to back my opinion, butttt i just cant be bothered to list them

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look how many of those 4WD holden wagons u see around.... NONE!!!

thats right and i think there offering like $4000 back when they sell one and this is because they r a crap car and r targeted to a shiat market....... they chew up the fuel and don't handle or go like a quick car.... and they look shiat 2

but beleive me when u bring in the AWD aspect into a sports sedan(like the coupe4) the blokes out there r as excited as mustard... over em

sure, you can get big horsepower out of these motors DAVE HSV, but you're forgetting that holdens and fords are very unreliable heaps of shit and break really easily. I know from personal experience like many other forum users here who have been converted to other alternative makes of performance cars.

-rb25

sure, you can get big horsepower out of these motors DAVE HSV, but you're forgetting that holdens and fords are very unreliable heaps of shit and break really easily. I know from personal experience like many other forum users here who have been converted to other alternative makes of performance cars.

-rb25

its frustrating how quick people are to write these cars off...

what are you basing this on?

not so sure about the holdens, but the XR6Ts are running low twelves constistently with only upgrades being bigger intercooler, injectors and boost.

gettin an RB25 R33 to run the same times with reliability would be alot more difficult...

its frustrating how quick people are to write these cars off...

what are you basing this on?

not so sure about the holdens, but the XR6Ts are running low twelves constistently with only upgrades being bigger intercooler, injectors and boost.

gettin an RB25 R33 to run the same times with reliability would be alot more difficult...

hmmm i don't think he was quite that negative dude..... but in terms of reliability i think that nissan or (any jap cars for that matter) r more reliable than holdens or fords......

when u think about it my car stock(as is now) 5.7L V8 and 475Nm @ 3600rpm and over 400Nm is available at 1200rpm... that is a fair bit of power coming into the trans and diff and eventually something will break but if treated correctly and u don't buy a thrashed one... i think u r sweet

and like rb25 said he is basing it on past experience? so he does have a point but it is his opinion.......

but wat worries me about getting a skyline is i don't know wat some little jap guy has done to it and how many ten's of thousand kays he has wound back on the clock....unless actually go there and suss the bloke out

:werd: DAVE HSV.

I had a really bad experience with a 2000 gen3 v8 calais. I'd rather forget about the many many thousands of dollars lost on that car which i owned for only 4 months, it was that bad.

-rb25

hmmm i don't think he was quite that negative dude..... but in terms of reliability i think that nissan or (any jap cars for that matter) r more reliable than holdens or fords......  

well he referred to them as heaps of shit...

i wonder how many jap cars could do the millions of kays (litteraly) that aussie cabs do?

im not biased towards aussie cars or anything, i own an import, although i just think its stupid how people write them off, and most of the time they dont know what they are talking about (not saying this applies to u guys, but some people)...

well he referred to them as heaps of shit...

i wonder how many jap cars could do the millions of kays (litteraly) that aussie cabs do?

I think the rule of the thumb is:

- The more k's your car got, the quicker things will falls apart.

- Local cars tend to do a lot more k's in a year particularly if you buy an ex-fleet

commodore or falcons thus a 3yr old car can sometimes feel much older than it is.

- Imported cars tend to do less k's (not always the case) so generally an import

car of the same age would likely be in better condition than local cars.

- When you do million of k's like in aussie cabs, local or import car all can do it

providing you: maintain oil change regularly, and replacing gearbox (talked to a

cab driver with 1million k, the cab he drove has had 2 or 3 gearbox rebuilt or

replacement - can't remember)

Now how many skylines (or other jap performance import) owners actually do

a million km in their car within 5 yr time? Not many. Almost none I believe. Thus not many owners reached the level of age where their car requires a gearbox/diff replacement or engine rebuilt...

A different story if you buy an R33 4 door and run your own taxi business. You probably find that you may need to replace gearboxes, diff, or rebuilt engine as often as local cabs. Since I've never heard of such owners using jap import as taxi cabs, it's hard to do a direct comparison whether import cars will be better after a million km compared to local ones.

hmmm, by difficult i hope you mean more difficult on the wallet, as i think it can be done without too much problems providing you modify correctly and not just focus all your attention on getting huge horsepower and neglecting other aspects of the car

Mate don't give me that aussie cabs=million mile crap. :bs!:

1. They’re serviced like clockwork and are driven granny style. (Don't see many cabbies doing track work on their days off)

2. I do taxi driving part time and I’ve driven a Toyota van with 800000 on the clock and its still got another 200000 left in it easy. Plus it hauls up to 10 drunks day in day out, instead of the usual 5 for the sedan and has half the engine of a ford or holden.

3. With a full proof service history and the type of driving a taxi does there is no reason why any Japanese car couldn't pull a 1000000 in its lifetime.

And another thing when I was doing my taxi course a whole batch of new BA Falcons failed to pass their first mandatory pits check > One main reason was rusted chasses among other technical problems = a lot of pissed off cabbies. And believe me it wasn't just one car but more than half the batch.

-Dan

guess something wrong with the quality control in the factory, if a batch of new cars can already have rust in it? I thought chassis is suppose to be made of something that can't rust? as it's the main structure of the car wouldn't wanna cut corners in that. body panel is different story as it can be replaced if dented or rusted.

i ain't the thread starter here guys but how about we get back to the topic re"ford power figures".....

if someone wants to start a thread about holden/hsv vs ford vs skyline in reliability terms, then i will gladly post along, but this guy probably wants some good information on how the fords actually go.....

cheers

the fords XR6T and XR8 will have around the 160-180rwkw stock ..... they r similar power figures to the holden GEN3 (LS1)..... alothough the fords r ALOT slower, they weigh about 200kg more than holdens similar make....  

XR6-100-120 rwkw

s(ecotec 3.8l) 100-110rwkw

ss(gen3)  160-190rwkw    

HSV-GTS,clubsport, senator,grange 180-230rwkw (heavy car tho)

so ur saying an xr6 na has almost a 50% powerloss through the drivetrain? i don't think so, it would be more like 130rwkw- 135rwkw, ur not going to lose that much power in any car, and xr6t would be more like 200rwkw

so ur saying an xr6 na has almost a 50% powerloss through the drivetrain? i don't think so, it would be more like 130rwkw- 135rwkw, ur not going to lose that much power in any car, and xr6t would be more like 200rwkw

m8 u could be right on the xr6.... i don't know about fords all that well i was just giving him a ball park figure...... and it aint 50%, i think they come about 180 thats like 37% to 110... not to far off the auto 28% drivtrain loss (for a holden)

and when talking holden "or fords" for that matter there r soooooo many differences from car to car..... take a SS for example iv'e seen runs from 155rwkw to 209rwkw on STOCK ls1's

and my car dyno'd at 142rwkw :Oops: compared to mates with the same car's and no modifications and get constant 160's-180's.... there r so many factors as u probably know.... e.g. how 'joe blow' straps the car down, weather(or shootout mode), different dyno..... the list just goes on

lol i like ur username...... not

m8 u could be right on the xr6.... i don't know about fords all that well i was just giving him a ball park figure...... and it aint 50%, i think they come about 180 thats like 37% to 110... not to far off the auto 28% drivtrain loss (for a holden)

and when talking holden "or fords" for that matter there r soooooo many differences from car to car..... take a SS for example iv'e seen runs from 155rwkw to 209rwkw on STOCK ls1's  

and my car dyno'd at 142rwkw :Oops:  compared to mates with the same car's and no modifications and get constant 160's-180's.... there r so many factors as u probably know.... e.g. how 'joe blow' straps the car down, weather(or shootout mode), different dyno..... the list just goes on

lol i like ur username...... not

the only reason i pulled u up, was because ur figures for the fords were less than right, and conveniently the holdens had more rear rwkw considering less power at the engine!? i wouldn't have bought gen 3, there's a good chance u'll have to rebuild the engine sometime around 100 000km's, i don't expect u to like my nickname

had a drive of my mates XR6T (the one with an exhaust and boosted), they are pretty quick hey... heaps of power in every gear and no lag at all compared with my car.

definatly the quickest car ive ever driven (but i havn't driven many quick cars)

Its not too much at the moment, you have to remember the ba xr6t's are pretty heavy, and they are running what, 10's?? 11's now with fairly basic mods.

Alot of people are waiting for these cars to come out of warranty, theres going to be a lot more mods made, alot more crazy times to see.

Anyway, aren't the Coupe 4's meant to be some ridiculous price?? 90 thousand or something?? Probably heard wrong but thats the figure I've got..

They'll be heavy aswell, but all the same it should be good, I don't mind hsv but I'm getting sick of the 8's to tell you the truth, they chuck the damn thing in everything they've got..

It's either a v6 or a v8 and I want some more variety, cough cough turbo.. That won't be for a while though, maybe the VE. All the same, if their turbo model is dodgy, or the newer line of models look silly, I'll be making the switch, because the BA has won me over so far, very nice looking car. On the note of the engines though, the new v6 alloytec is going to be 190kw at the engine for a 6.. so thats pretty good..

Onto the topic of reliability of Skylines/ Taxis etc, I'd take the taxi, soft cushy non modified and they should be in better nick then a skyline that some crazy guys smashed the crap out of it drifting around a circuit for 55 thousand km's;)

Just like my car for example, it'd probably be in really good nick if I hadn't started modifying, as soon as I changed some drivetrain, engine and electrical things I got a few issues..

Oh well..

Re-capping;) Go the fords, can't wait to see some more good times and power after warranty is out.