SAU Community

Ford power figures.

P1E

I've just been looking around the Ford web-site and didn't come up with much.

I'm looking for the following figures: XR6 RWKW, XR6T RWKW and XR8 RWKW.

I know a few of you drive them. Then again, my old man has one and doesn't know. His guess is around 180 KW at the fly for the XR6.

Out of interest, I also wouldn't mind knowing the Holden figures for the S, SS and... whatever else Holden have.

Got some flywheel/rearwheel kw for you. The general rule is 17-18% drivetrain loss for manual cars and 21-22% for autos. My figures are from MOTOR magazine. As you know different dynos provide different readings. These figures are lower than some i have seen; which ill put in brackets.

XR6 - 182/about150+

XR6T - 240/185 (205 - Street Machine)

XR8 - 260/193 (205 - Street Machine)

S - 152/about110+

S (s/c) - 171/about 140+

SS - 235/182 (that's VY Series 1 - they now have 245kw@flywheel)

Caprice - 245/158

GTS Coupe - 300/222

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

late this year the VZ HSV's come out with a 6.2L gen4 350kw (not confirmed yet) then not long after that there will be AWD 350kw HSV's, even the ss(6.0l gen4) get the AWD

...that would be right Holden decide to use a boat engine... I can just see the geniuses at Holden sitting around the boardroom trying to figure out how to get the spotlight back from the new fords...

I've got it! just find the biggest (not to mention heaviest), most fuel guzzling smoke belching POS that the Americans don't want anymore and we will put it in the new VZ! oh but were going to need AWD for any hope of traction... traction? why would the bogans want traction? you can't do circle work with traction!... of course the AWD will make the car heavier but thats okay cos the new engine makes 1000nm of torque at 1000rpm...

they will be great in the wet! :throwup:

...that would be right Holden decide to use a boat engine... I can just see the geniuses at Holden sitting around the boardroom trying to figure out how to get the spotlight back from the new fords...

I've got it! just find the biggest (not to mention heaviest), most fuel guzzling smoke belching POS that the Americans don't want anymore and we will put it in the new VZ! oh but were going to need AWD for any hope of traction... traction? why would the bogans want traction? you can't do circle work with traction!... of course the AWD will make the car heavier but thats okay cos the new engine makes 1000nm of torque at 1000rpm...  

they will be great in the wet! :throwup:

hey steve how r u???

yep and ur a f**kin w**ker mate.... not everything rovolves around skylines or nissans for that matter.....

u sound as if u don't like Australia, im not Australian but i live in Auz and don't bag it out, so why don't u just move to jap land where u obviusly belong........... i like skylines but if theres F**k wits like this then i don't think i want to be apart.... becuase u sound like a little punk kid, that's mum raped him and knows JACK all about cars or anything mechanical...

ohhh and speaking of how BAD holden/HSV;s r why don't u all tell us about ur oil consumtion problem.... NICKR33 becuase my car runs perfect and turns ALOT more heads...... than a sotck r33

hey steve how r u???

yep and ur a f**kin w**ker mate.... not everything rovolves around skylines or nissans for that matter.....

u sound as if u don't like Australia, im not Australian but i live in Auz and don't bag it out, so why don't u just move to jap land where u obviusly belong........... i like skylines but if theres F**k wits like this then i don't think i want to be apart.... becuase u sound like a little punk kid, that's mum raped him and knows JACK all about cars or anything mechanical...  

ohhh and speaking of how BAD holden/HSV;s r why don't u all tell us about ur oil consumtion problem.... NICKR33 becuase my car runs perfect and turns ALOT more heads...... than a sotck r33

settle down mate take a chill pill, obviously the majority of ppl here's favourite car is a skyline, therefore there'll be some holden bashing going on. Don't take it to heart so much, its as if ur dad made the first holden!?

i don't know about a holden turning more heads? every second car is a holden, skylines are unique, and still fairly rare, (compared to holdens) which is why a skyline would turn more heads, not to mention the noises it makes

settle down mate take a chill pill, obviously the majority of ppl here's favourite car is a skyline, therefore there'll be some holden bashing going on. Don't take it to heart so much, its as if ur dad made the first holden!?

i don't know about a holden turning more heads? every second car is a holden, skylines are unique, and still fairly rare, (compared to holdens) which is why a skyline would turn more heads, not to mention the noises it makes

hahahahaahah yer sorry dude.... i got home at like 2.30 and i was so pissed after a semi big night.... and i read some of ur post and obviuosly went out half c**ked (maybe full c**ked).... i totally didn't mean it like that and me just reading it back to myself now, it sounds quite hillarious...i see myself as a guest on this forum (as i don;t dirve a line) and and i shouldn't have said wat i said.....

ohh and i have a rare HSV senator not a holden and with "p" plates on it i seem to turn alot of heads and get a few of beeps......ohh and the V8 roar

OMG i still can't beleive i said that s**t... i was BLIND drunk ......

ohh and i have a rare HSV senator not a holden and with "p" plates on it i seem to turn alot of heads and get a few of beeps......ohh and the V8 roar

What year and model is your senator?

Im guessing you have a VR or VS model??

yer dude.... its a VR 215i 5.7L stroker, it has every option avaliable, premium brakes, sunroof, leather, sound and only 59,000 on the clock....my unlce bought it new and i bought it off him......

i worked my ass off for 7 months after leaving high school and was tossing up between a r33 gts-t or my uncles car, but i thought long and hard and this was the best decision... but my next car hopefully will be a r33 gtr :wassup:

the only bad thing is that it's auto.... :rofl::( .... but im still having alot of fun in it

heres a pic

Change the inlet manifold on those suckers and they go really well.

The ol' Bannana's don't work too well. :rofl:

I had a sherbrook green VS 5ltr 5 speed, SRS, IRS, ABS. 3.5" exhaust, mild cam, ecu.

I thought it went fairly hard until one day I was ripped by a fairly stockish R32 GTS-T (ecu, exhaust, fmic) making 170rwkw.

I nailed him through first with his second and third easily sailing past :(

My poor ol 5ltr even with the cam etc was only making just under 150rwkw.

And OMG! did it used to drink the fuel.

The old GM V8 has a nice note to it.

Sounds like a true V8. None of this crappy LS1 sounding crap.

But like my self you will get bored with it soon enough. :)

Just so you are aware when mine only had the 3.5" exhaust it used to rip the Auto 5.7 Senators apart. :)

The Auto's kill the performance big time. :)

Probably a good thing you have an auto as I had major driveline issues once the power was upped a little.

Within 9 months I done a gearbox, diff and the IRS subframe cracked where the diff bolts up dropping the arse on to the ground with the rear wheels sitting at around 45degree's. So be nice to it and don't hammer it too much.

Mine was lowered with Bilstein adj. shocks, springs and sway bars.

It was fairly low as it had VR GTS wheels on it where the guards sat just over the top of the tyre.

Apparently this would have contributed to the IRS subframe cracking the way it did.

I also had a problem with the front sway bar risers ripping out of the struts.

Whiteline have a kit that mounts the swaybar risers to the lower control arms, it also gives a much flatter feel.

If I were to do it again I would only do the shocks and swaybars. I would never lower another VS again as the chassis simply can't handle it. They being to creek badly, driving out of my other halfs driveway you could literally hear the thing creeking, you could even hear the glass moving on the window rubber as the body flexed..

I once jacked up the car and then tried to close the door, I was suprised that the door would not shut due to the chassis flex.

I later read the manual and it stated not to open the doors when jacking the car up. I was also told this by the suspension bloke after I had already done it..

EDIT: You have the same wheels as I had on my VS.

But my wheels were off a VR GTS?!?! Are those the std wheels for the Senators as well?

Mine was lowered all round to roughly the same as what your rear left wheel looks like. Used to scrape every where.

I had to replace the extractors once :)

Just a word of warning though.. Don't lower it unless you want to have the problems I did with front sway bars and rear IRS subframe cracking.

Change the inlet manifold on those suckers and they go really well.

The ol' Bannana's don't work too well. :(

I had a sherbrook green VS 5ltr 5 speed, SRS, IRS, ABS. 3.5" exhaust, mild cam, ecu.

I thought it went fairly hard until one day I was ripped by a fairly stockish R32 GTS-T (ecu, exhaust, fmic) making 170rwkw.

I nailed him through first with his second and third easily sailing past :(

My poor ol 5ltr even with the cam etc was only making just under 150rwkw.

And OMG! did it used to drink the fuel.

The old GM V8 has a nice note to it.

Sounds like a true V8. None of this crappy LS1 sounding crap.

But like my self you will get bored with it soon enough. :)

Just so you are aware when mine only had the 3.5" exhaust it used to rip the Auto 5.7 Senators apart. :)

The Auto's kill the performance big time. :)

Probably a good thing you have an auto as I had major driveline issues once the power was upped a little.

Within 9 months I done a gearbox, diff and the IRS subframe cracked where the diff bolts up dropping the arse on to the ground with the rear wheels sitting at around 45degree's. So be nice to it and don't hammer it too much.

Mine was lowered with Bilstein adj. shocks, springs and sway bars.

It was fairly low as it had VR GTS wheels on it where the guards sat just over the top of the tyre.

Apparently this would have contributed to the IRS subframe cracking the way it did.

I also had a problem with the front sway bar risers ripping out of the struts.

Whiteline have a kit that mounts the swaybar risers to the lower control arms, it also gives a much flatter feel.

If I were to do it again I would only do the shocks and swaybars. I would never lower another VS again as the chassis simply can't handle it. They being to creek badly, driving out of my other halfs driveway you could literally hear the thing creeking, you could even hear the glass moving on the window rubber as the body flexed..

I once jacked up the car and then tried to close the door, I was suprised that the door would not shut due to the chassis flex.

I later read the manual and it stated not to open the doors when jacking the car up. I was also told this by the suspension bloke after I had already done it..  

EDIT: You have the same wheels as I had on my VS.

But my wheels were off a VR GTS?!?! Are those the std wheels for the Senators as well?

Mine was lowered all round to roughly the same as what your rear left wheel looks like. Used to scrape every where.

I had to replace the extractors once :(

Just a word of warning though.. Don't lower it unless you want to have the problems I did with front sway bars and rear IRS subframe cracking.

yer dude the car is stock as a rock... and pulled and dissapointing 142rwkw.. they usually get to the 170-180 mark... but mine has been pampered as well (my uncle is a bit soft)

and yeah i have know that the restriction is the bannana manifold.... my mate has a worked vr gts with vn grp a twin throttle bodies and it cranks........

and they r the standard wheels, they r the same as the gts but the gts have a gts stamp on it

and yeah rb25 it's not just a normal vr/vs if u see it in person u will think differenlty

142rwkw is a weeny bit high for a stocker auto but it is around the mark.

These are the ppls who have done my exhausts in the past.

http://www.dtperformance.com.au/215i.htm

Their dyno's are within around 5rwkw from the other dyno's located locally.

First thing I would be doing to it is dropping the diff ratio to a 3.55:1 and or drop a really mild stall convertor behind the auto box.

Maybe also putting a kit through the auto box to firm up the gears afterwards.

The diff ratio makes a big difference to the feel of how the car launches and accelerates.

Doing the diff ratio will give you the best bang for buck and will make it a little lighter on fuel around town.

Spend over 1k or so on the exhaust instead and you will be sorry. :(

As im training to be a cop at the mo, we get chipped V6 commodores (executives/ S) and the standard AU falcons. The commodore would be a good race for my stock auto R31 3litre, the falcon 4litres have alot more power, If the commodore made much over 100rwkw i would be suprised. Although we had a executive up to 190 on the motorway under blue and reds hehe :headspin:

I have no problems with cops. :cheers:

Working in a servo some time ago part time I found the cops that were idiots were the young scrawny dudes that were out to get payback for being hassled in school.

Working in a servo some time ago part time I found the cops that were idiots were the young scrawny dudes that were out to get payback for being hassled in school.

exactamondo. they were bullied at school so its revenge time. pussies.

-rb25

I have no problems with cops. :cheers:

lol there were a few people that applied when i originally did, who were dumb enough to smoke pot in the car park. These guys and the ones who were picked on at school 9/10 get weeded out and dont go right through thank god-

• 7 months later...

My Holden VT 3.8L with extractors and K&N filter runs not 2 bad at all.. although after getting these mods on it and still owning the car I would say that the "ugly" fords would still get more power in stock form.

Thus my reason for investing in a GTST Skyine