SAU Community

Hey guys, recently got my R33 S1 headlights retrofitted with quad projector headlights complete with white LED ring angel eyes and red demon eyes. I bought a used set of headlights with yellowing lenses for cheap and sent them up to Sydney to be modified by That Headlight Guy. Needless to say, I was very impressed by his work and the results are amazing. He does work on all types and makes of headlights and even headlights that don't come standard with projectors! Very friendly guy to work with, his attention to detail is especially helpful, he will keep you updated throughout the build process and will even offer headlight lens restorations! 5 stars and will recommend to anyone wanting to do any sort of modification and/or restoration to their headlights!

Here's his page: https://www.facebook.com/thatheadlightguy/

IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4674.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

IMG_4677.JPG

IMG_4679.JPG

Edited by AeroZR

5 hours ago, cul8er said:

Hmm I was thinking about doing this too what's the price ?

Depends what you need done. Additional angel eyes and demon eyes will add more to the cost, and how ever many projectors you need fitted will be taken into account. Extras like lens polishing and restoration will also add to the cost. Send him a message and he will be able to give you a quote.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 4:24 PM, niZmO_Man said:

C'mon man, output shots of it fitted to your car :D

How are they switched? Selectable or always quad? Either way, huge improvement over shitty PnP kits.

Hahaha I'll get around to getting night shots eventually! She's been a major garage queen lately :P

They are direct plug and play into the existing headlight plugs. I had to install a relay kit on each headlight as the low beam and hi beam must both be powered at the same time for the bi xenon projectors to work - The standard plugs did not allow for this and when you activated the hi beams, you would completely lose power to all the lights. The relay kit fixed this issue completely. As for the angel eye LEDs, they are simply spliced into the parking light wiring and I wired the demon eyes to a separate switch in the cabin, powered by splicing into accessory (They only work if the car is on accessory or running but you can also power them directly from the battery if you wanted). They are always quad and the ballasts are simple to bolt in.

Edited by AeroZR

Ah so perma-quads. Mini H1? The Morimoto 7.0 is great width but the hotspot is typical H1 'spot' (which is one of the reasons I'd always go D2S over H1, bulb shim/quality is the main one). But running quad 7.0 should sort out that narrow hotspot "issue" haha. I hope you're running 35W on them.