SAU Community

ecr33 narrowband from plx afr for ecu

Hello.

I have an ecr33 skyline (rb30/25det) and going to use Nistune ecu. I have a plx afr gauge (dm-6) and it has a narrowband output so I'm wondering it it'd be worth it to use that signal for ecu? The reason i'm wondering is the plx afm is brand new and the cars o2 sensor is original (now 23 years old). I've heard that people changing o2 sensors get better fuel consumption etc so could the plx result in more accurate readings? I'm having a new downpipe/exhaust made up regardless so that doesnt matter. Dont really want to buy a new o2 sensor for ecu if I can simply use the plx for that aswell.

Thanks for any help!

The whole engine is new (bigger displacement, injectors, turbo, MAF etc) so I'll get it properly tuned anyway. Could the New sensor still be an improvement? Gonna make the exhaust on thursday so it'll be easy to set up.

Microg how did you wire yours? Tried to google for a few hours but couldnt find anything. On my o2 sensor loom (in the engine bay) I have a 3 wire oval connector with blue, Brown and a wire with a white stripe on it.

Yes, I do it all the time for cars I tune as their stock o2 is often cactus and I always recommend they install widebands.

The beauty of simulation is that you can define the voltage output vs the AFR so at times you can be smart about it and move afr range towards the leaner region so you end up cruising at 15.5 

Sweet, thanks! So I can simply cut and solder the pin 29s wire to the plx output? Just one wire? And I can leave the two other wires on the o2 plug untouched?

The other 2 wires on the O2 sensor are the ground and the heater.  If you want to save a tiny amount of energy, you could just delete all 3 connections.  Ground not needed with no signal, heater not needed with no usage.

Edited by GTSBoy