SAU Community

Buying v35

Mandy13

Buying v35

Hi

Im not the best with cars but I'm looking to buy a 2002 nissan skyline v35 250gt.

I found one for sale from a private seller priced at $6000. I'm just worried about the odometer as its only got around 80000km on it. the guy said its an import and I've heard many imported cars have tampered odometers. the car itself runs pretty good and looks well kept though.

does this sound reasonable? 

On 30/07/2017 at 9:45 PM, Mandy13 said:

2002 nissan skyline v35 250gt

1 hour ago, niZmO_Man said:

$6,000 seems quite cheap

I thougt the price wasn't cheap - it is an early model & a 250 (not 350) GT. The cheapest one on Carsales is $3500.

At that price range I don't think I'd worry about a history check, but I would want to have the car checked by someone who knows a bit about them.

250GT are pretty much worthless these days, its the base model of the whole V35 range and the least powerful... but, you get a lot of car for the money and they are a pretty damn good daily - quiet, well built, comfortable, fairly cheap to run and pretty decent to drive

ours has been pretty much trouble free for the past 5 years, only needing servicing and brake pads/disks. just keep in mind that they need 98 octane fuel and will also get carbon buildup due to being direct injected.