SAU Community

Advice on fuel system setup

MJTru

Hello guys. My last fuel system I did was a total over kill to the point where I had a voltage issue. To much pumps in short.

I would guess one of the best solutions would be like a fuel lab variable pump that has a multiple output range. I'm using a power fc and don't know if this ecu, would be possible to control one of these pumps. I'm also not sure if there is some sort of stand alone controller that could be used in conjunction with the power fc . If that's the case I'm all game for that.

For now I was looking at a ridium surge tank with 2x walbro e85 pumps. That would feed two entry to a ridium fuel rail with a return to the main stock fuel tank. Overflowing surge tank would always stay overflowing back to the oem tank. I want to keep the OEM tank as of now I have a walbro e85 pump in the right now.

So that would be a total of 3 walbro e85 pumps. I am planning on using an upgraded alternator but would prefer not to use it. Keeping the system low in voltage requirements and only upgrading the alternator as a bonus. Also I don't think the one e85 free flowing would be able to maintain the surge tank to the point of overflowing back to the main oem tank on full load. One solution would be to return to the surge tank and over flow to the main tank. (oem) the idea I had was to keep the fuel cool by returning it to the main tank.

Staging the 2 supply pumps would also be an option.

Damn the more I write this the better a variable fuel lab pump sounds. There has to be a controller that could use a tps signal to vary the pmw signal to the pump.

To mention a little about the build it's a rb26 running all supporting mods for 900hp. I would like the fuel system to at least get close to that level. But I would be ok at 700. As I don't think I will push it that hard.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

20170806_121752.jpg

Seems like the controller for these pumps are inside. I would just need a pmw signal. The question remains is there some device that would convert a tps signal to a pmw signal. ?

Look into the garage7 ipc

That will do what you want and more, as it has configurable outputs, pwm, closed loop boost control,.

It is great when using factory or basic Ecu's