SAU Community

Nissan skyline r34 gtt Rb25det neo plenum install questions

45 minutes ago, adam wicks said:

IMG_1504062381.823913.jpg

Also this has 2 spots for vac hoses do they both go to the manifold ?

And this is a solenoid that is used to trigger (I think) the vacuum to the charcoal canister when the (factory) ECU determines that it is OK to do it.  So, no, both do not go to the manifold.  On the stocker, one would go to a vacuum source and the other snakes off towards the front of the car.

5 hours ago, adam wicks said:

Is it for vac?

Yes, but not in the way that you're thinking.  That pipe is visible there, and on the other side of the timing cover.  On the inlet side, it is connected to the plenum.  On the other side it is connected to the suction port of the charcoal canister.  It provides the suck that purges the canister (and fuel tank) into the engine.

The solenoid valve you posted earlier is also connected to both the plenum and the charcoal canister.  It is the switch that makes the valve on the charcoal canister open.  There's no flow in that line, just a vacuum signal.

All the plenum vacuum you could ever want is available off the many vac ports they added down the back end of yoru new one.

Did you decide to put this plenum on without making notes on how the original setup was plumbed up?

• Like 1

Yes, but not in the way that you're thinking.  That pipe is visible there, and on the other side of the timing cover.  On the inlet side, it is connected to the plenum.  On the other side it is connected to the suction port of the charcoal canister.  It provides the suck that purges the canister (and fuel tank) into the engine.
The solenoid valve you posted earlier is also connected to both the plenum and the charcoal canister.  It is the switch that makes the valve on the charcoal canister open.  There's no flow in that line, just a vacuum signal.
All the plenum vacuum you could ever want is available off the many vac ports they added down the back end of yoru new one.
Did you decide to put this plenum on without making notes on how the original setup was plumbed up?

I work shift work and every time I started pulling the standard stuff off I got called to work for 12 hour shifts so I lost track and that's been the problem ahha

On 8/30/2017 at 6:55 PM, adam wicks said:

It's not for gain it's perparing for top mount turbo setup coming soon

Ah yes, but I have a top mount neo and do not need this manifold :P

That said, you're in it, and it's on the car, so may as well finish it now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry, but that makes no sense.  There is more than one way I can read your question and none of them make sense.

1. Are you talking about the small hose on the barb on the intercooler return pipe just before the blue silicon joiner?  If so, that is not stock, it has been put there by somebody else, so it could be for anything.  It could be connected to that boost controller we see behind the PS reservoir.  It could be for a boost gauge.

2. Are you talking about the boost controller in the background?  If you are, one side (the input side) must come from the turbo outlet or intercooler hot pipe.  The other side goes to the wastegate actuator.

That one (the barb, near the blue joiner) is stock on a R34 neo, it does indeed go to the power steering. It's used for speed sensitive power steering (somehow) and disconnecting it does result in some VERY heavy steering.. as well as a boost leak).

It runs from the PS to the charge pipe. It doesn't run to the plenum, so it'll go back to somewhere on your intercooler piping. If this doesn't exist, well you can block the hose if you like heavy steering all the time, or get a fitting put on your charge pipes.

• Like 1

That one (the barb, near the blue joiner) is stock on a R34 neo, it does indeed go to the power steering. It's used for speed sensitive power steering (somehow) and disconnecting it does result in some VERY heavy steering.. as well as a boost leak).
It runs from the PS to the charge pipe. It doesn't run to the plenum, so it'll go back to somewhere on your intercooler piping. If this doesn't exist, well you can block the hose if you like heavy steering all the time, or get a fitting put on your charge pipes.

Yes the barb is factory on the 34s thank you glad you could understand haha

Thanks so don't delete it just put it back into the cooler pipes no problem thanks for explaining it to I wasn't sure what it was for