SAU Community

Stock Airbox and 250rwkw???

aqik33

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to dig up old threads - but I'm wondering where the stock aribox gets its air. It looks like the bonnet would seal it off. I guess it must get it throught the front grille? Maybe some room in there.

The standard box sounds like a not bad thing? With a good panel in it is it almost as good as a properly enclosed pod (Im talking on R33 gst, only mod exhaust)

Does anyone know if HKS green panel filters are reusable..I.e clean/washable

Thanks

:)

Hi SK,

Just wondering what induction set-up you run on that 265rwkw r34?

I've allready (r33 gtst) got a K&N flat panel in the standard air box (came with the car) - I'm just considering getting one of those aluminium pipes which run from afm to turbo inlet.

Mods not too far on the horizon should include rb30 bottom end, turbo upgrade, supporting hardware.

Do you think the stock airbox will suffice for this?

Cheers

Hi SK,

Just wondering what induction set-up you run on that 265rwkw r34?

I've allready (r33 gtst) got a K&N flat panel in the standard air box (came with the car) - I'm just considering getting one of those aluminium pipes which run from afm to turbo inlet.

Mods not too far on the horizon should include rb30 bottom end, turbo upgrade, supporting hardware.

Do you think the stock airbox will suffice for this?

Cheers

Standard airbox with a Pipercross panel filter. We found the alloy inlet pipe from the AFM to the turbo was a good idea. I also made up an air deflector (radiator to grill) that has a scoop for supplying extra air to the standard airbox snorkel. I am making one for the Stagea now, keep an eye out on the Stage section as I will post up the photos shortly. :(

PS; I have a Pipercross POD, it's a whopper, going on the RB31DET. It has a substantial cold air feed and a heat shield. I think the 400+ rwkw would be too much for the standard airbox.

What about my qn :( ?  So it sounds like the standard airbox can supply a fair bit of air?

I have no experience with the standard airbox over 265 rwkw, but it made no real difference when I tried no filter or airbox at all on the dyno. Somewhere over that it wil be a noticeable restriction, but I have no evidence of where the limit is.

Hope that answered the question:cheers:

Standard airbox with a Pipercross panel filter.  We found the alloy inlet pipe from the AFM to the turbo was a good idea.  I also made up an air deflector (radiator to grill) that has a scoop for supplying extra air to the standard airbox snorkel.  I am making one for the Stagea now, keep an eye out on the Stage section as I will post up the photos shortly. :)

PS; I have a Pipercross POD, it's a whopper, going on the RB31DET.  It has a substantial cold air feed and a heat shield.  I think the 400+ rwkw would be too much for the standard airbox.

Good stuff mate,

Looks like I'll just go the AFM to turbo upgrade.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the Stagea photos - don't want to change much on my pipework/stock airbox - it looks too nice, neat and standard under the bonnet. From what I've heard of cars and power outputs I doubt I'll ever go over 300rwkw max - it's only rear wheel drive after all!

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I have the standard air box with a paper standard air filter. I recently changedfrom large HKS POD under the bonnet. I thiink I may be lacking a bit of the top end I had with the POD..

How much extra power would the pipercross panel give you? Or reduction in 0-100km/h time. 5-7kw? 0.3sec??

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

http://shop.fabre.com.au/store/products/it...em113.inetstore

I THINK this is the one, doesn't explicitly say Skyline anywhere but since Ryco list their A360 as suitable for VN-VT V6 and all the RB Skylines, i say it'd be a safe bet. I'm still measuring mine when i get home though.

To ANY Vics thinking of getting one of these, freight seems to be $13 for orders of 1 or 100, save a few bucks and order together.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an S15, which has a very similar induction setup to a skyline, and when removed my pod filter/CAI and put my stock airbox with a K&N panel filter on again I only lost 5kw

Stock induction on Nissans is great, if you street drive your car, I dont see why you would want the extra attention for such a small gain