SAU Community

Stock Airbox and 250rwkw???

aqik33

What are the pipercross like as far as filtration goes?

Also, what sort of oil do you buy Sydney kid for after 10000kms or so?  an how much?

Thanks

ben

Hi Ben, I prefer the Pipercross style with 3 layers of different density foam that are ultrasonically welded (no glue to restrict the flow). They last 3 times longer between cleaning than any single density style. In the Sydney dust and soot we see deterioration after 5,000 ks' in single density filters, regardless of brand.

Pipercross cleaning kits, with both oil and cleaner are available from Fabre.

http://shop.fabre.com.au/

BTW, 10,000k's is only a guide, I have seen 25,000k's depending on the conditions that the car is driven in.:D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone that thinks K&N and other aftermarket filters are good, this is worth a read.

http://home.usadatanet.net/~jbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm

That test (rather old news) is for a filter for a 6.6 litre diesel truck, you should see the size of the filter. Add that to the engines low rpm airflow requirements.:D

I've seen to many aftermarket filters pass to much dust particles for my likeing, as evidence from the dust stuck to the oil in the intake piping on turbo cars. Makes it easy to show people.

I always run stock elements in my cars, they don't require anything more, and never seen any dust in the inlet tracks. Being cheap i can change them very frequently if i want.

I've seen various testing done that shows the filters are generally not the major restrictions in stock inlet paths anyway.

What i've said may have no relevance to high performance cars though only mildly modified examples.

These pipercross seem like they have a better design principle around them regarding filtration, they are probally preety good.

Will I feel a difference compared to the stock filter.  Car is a R33 Gtst with cat back.  How much are those cleaning/oil kit.

thanks

Will I feel a difference compared to the stock filter. Car is a R33 Gtst with cat back. How much are those cleaning/oil kit.

thanks