SAU Community

Anti-Lag with PFC pro.

MJTru

Hello guys I just started up one of my build and tested it using stock injectors which I thing was fine for braking it in. I drive it and everything seems fine make good power, but like expected I can see I'm running out of injector duty. No big deal I have another set that are 850. And these are what I tend to run. But before I install them and take the car to get tuned. I decided to just pop in the pfc pro. To make sure it works. I uploaded my tune and cranked the are up.

It all worked fine. After the idle was learned. I tried the anti-lag feature. I see it uses the ac to set the ignition cut so I set it to 5k, and floored the gas. I only got about 7 psi and I'm looking for way more than that. Keeping in mind the injectors are still stock. I'm just wondering a few things.

1. How does t a anti-Lag system get the boost to go even higher. Does it need more ignition delay. And how do I do that with the pro. ??

How can I get this PT 7675 going. I'm after 22 psi or so off the line. Attached I have a photo of the screen. Opps it's saying this forum has disabled media sharing. Why.

you need use the combustion energy to turn the turbo rather than provide cylinder pressure. you want more ignition retard to burn the charge later.

the PowerFC pro is a piece of shit in 2017. pull it out and use a real ecu.

it's "launch control" is only an ignition cut instead of fuel, and an auxillary rev limiter.

its not a real launch control system.

ideally you want an ecu that can do TPS defined ignition retard activated by low road speed & a clutch switch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah. I still have the Haltech ps2000. I found out today the hard way that I f--ked up. I was under the impression that that it was an anti lag launch control. After I kept on flooring it and only saw 4 psi. So I guess If I want boost off the line I'll have to upgrade the ecu. We all learn differently and for me it's a hard to drop old habits for new ones. Even though people beat me up for it. Over the years I've seen more and more car over here state side run Haltech ecus. 

I'll have to start taking the time to get familiar with the ecu, and just face up to it. I did get me rb25 running on it and it worked pretty well, but moved back to the power fc. Bad habits I guess. To get the car going hard I dropped the clutch at 9k. The thing was an absolute animal and the turn worked well at 14psi. It took that much rpms to get that turbo going off the line. I also run the ets-pro so all 4 wheels smoked, and gate opened up right away. 

None the less I want to launch the car at a lower rpm, but with boost as I'm only geared towards drag racing.  I have a grudge match coming up Sunday. I'll have to run the fc for this. As it will take me some time to set up the Haltech. 

Is there any shops out there, willing to sell me a complete Haltech setup. Closed loop wideband setup as well even providing the injectors for 800 Hp. Along with a bit of advice and help seeing up injectors.  I ask because I'll need another one anyways. I'm also looking for the evo to be able to use a strain gauge for 0s88 that's coming soon. 

Thanks again and sorry I didn't use the Haltech. There I said it. 

Help me make this car go. 

20170922_175213.jpg

• Like 1