SAU Community

R33 gtst turbo to dump pipe gasket

Ty1

Good morning everyone! in the process of fitting my new turbo and just noticed that the wastegate flapper just interferes with the dump pipe gasket. Im not sure how far they open when under boost but do they generally open up this far? The gasket that was supplied with the turbo looked cheap so i purchased a new genuine nissan gasket instead. Also is it a big deal if the gasket sits over the flange by a couple of mm? 20171022_102610.jpg

Not a big deal, but not ideal either.  I'd grind it back to shape....do you have a Dremel?

And what is the fit like on the dump pipe?  Is it also oversize on it?  If so the same issues will happen.

If it isn't then shaping the gasket is a waste of time. when I did mine I used a die grinder and cut but the rear housing and dump area down to a smooth 'same shape'.  I did the same with my manifold to turbo fit as well as my manifold to head fit.  ie no high points or obstructions anywhere.

On the dump pipe, the gasket fits perfectly. No over hanging at all. Surely the wastegate flapper wouldnt open more than 90 degrees anyway. Will bolt it all up and let everyone know how it goes. [emoji120]