SAU Community

SVM Round 1 - Metec June 23rd

acsplit

Thanks Birds, there was a lot of steering with throttle haha. Might make a dash kit or something one day but it's a lot of work. 
Can you give a rundown of how you made it? Pretty keen to learn how to do it.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:36 PM, hot richard said:
On 6/25/2018 at 7:47 PM, naga said:
Thanks Birds, there was a lot of steering with throttle haha. Might make a dash kit or something one day but it's a lot of work. 

Can you give a rundown of how you made it? Pretty keen to learn how to do it.

Might do a write up one day. Basically, i gutted out the cluster and put in an arduino mega2560, this handles frequency counting for RPM and speed, analogue digital conversions for boost, fuel, water, oil pressure etc. I did a lot of data logging to work out the conversion from voltages into temps,pressures. The arduino sends the data to a raspberry pi 3 which has a script i wrote using python which basically collects the serial data from the arduino and moves needles, displays numbers. Took about 6 months because i didn't know anything about python or raspberry pis before this.

• Like 1

Sweet. Thanks for that. Sounds very interesting

Might do a write up one day. Basically, i gutted out the cluster and put in an arduino mega2560, this handles frequency counting for RPM and speed, analogue digital conversions for boost, fuel, water, oil pressure etc. I did a lot of data logging to work out the conversion from voltages into temps,pressures. The arduino sends the data to a raspberry pi 3 which has a script i wrote using python which basically collects the serial data from the arduino and moves needles, displays numbers. Took about 6 months because i didn't know anything about python or raspberry pis before this.

Could you make them without needing to do it on someones car? I reckon if you could, could easily sell them for like $600-800 if they just bolt in. 

I guess the problem then would be if there's any issues you'd have people shitting you with phone calls :D 

Edited by UNR33L

4 hours ago, Bass Junky said:

That Cleo is super quick though!

its pretty stock, just coil overs and brake pads and running on re003 tyres

just weather better suited to a light weight fwd car, the starlet shows that

Also has a tune and quaife lsd

its pretty stock, just coil overs and brake pads and running on re003 tyres
just weather better suited to a light weight fwd car, the starlet shows that

All good. He drove the pants off it. I was surprised how confident in the wet he was with it.
Well deserved win

sorry, you are correct it does have an lsd and a (generic) tune

1 hour ago, Bass Junky said:

My only gripe is that section that rips front bars off....  Would need to be changed for next time.

Also the reason that we made sure we did a sighting lap of the area and an 80% run through it... knew it was going to be a pain point even when rolling through it in the falcon to do cone setup in the morning.

1 hour ago, Bass Junky said:

My only gripe is that section that rips front bars off....  Would need to be changed for next time.

Yeah not just that but a few gutters around there too 

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• So, as it turns out, a new wire was the answer I went for, but getting there was not straightforward... Firstly, I'd been told before by shops that had worked on the car that it had some weird factory wiring, and I can now confirm that is true in at least a couple of places. For example....that very purple/white wire that provides IGN power to ECU pin 31.....I traced it out of the ECU loom into a connector high on the nav's A pillar under the dash, where it headed up and out of site across the dash, then back down at driver's A pillar. After trying about 8 different relays I found it coming into the back of the fuse box, and confirmed it was the same wire with a multimeter* (more to follow on that.... So, which fuse is the ECU IGN power connected to in my car?  Very top right, labelled IGN (good), 10A (good), Auto Trans Control (WTF?). It's not impossible it has been f**ked with before, but if so someone removed the pins from the back of the fuse box and moved it somewhere else, noting an AT control fuse would be functionally useless as the car was auto converted to manual long ago. It is not simply a wire cut and joined to the wrong place, both ends of the wire are the same colour just one is in the wrong location (you can see there is an IGN Engine Control fuse in the bottom row 4th from the right. Note, that is the fuse box sticker from my actual car, so either I have the wrong coin holder sticker, someone f**ked with it post factory, or factory sticker does not match the wiring.....whichever option it is just plain weird. Undermining the likelihood of someone having gone to that trouble to move a power feed when everything else in the loom had already been butchered....the fuse next to it IGN 7.5a ABS doesn't even have a wire running to it....so no idea where that fuse is on this car. All strange. But not the problem with my ECU power.
    • New tank clean paint and install complete 🤙
    • I have heard the frenchys kit (with the smaller toyota compressor) performs fantastic. i havent actually gassed my system yet, so cant confirm myself..
    • https://www.efisolutions.com.au/injector-lower-manifold-collars-adapters-r33-a32-y?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjpXb2aLaiAMVYcA8Ah1zkg6JEAQYASABEgJzG_D_BwE
    • correct Ive moved to a r33 oem ball joint - they are actually thicker than alot of the after market and similar