SAU Community

Legality of an RB26 swapped into an s15

Yep, will require an Engineer’s Certificate and pass roadworthy and they pick on everything from new brakes due to power increase, re-tuning and you might have to pass some power and epa emissions testing.

3 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

To save yourself time and hassle just keep it registered with SR. Is it the right thing to do? No. Is it the easiest and most convenient way to do it and you wont be comprehensively insuring it? Absolutely. 

And keep it stock looking without too much attention-seeking exteriors. If you get the drift.

9 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Any reason you need RB26? Or just want it? They have the GT-R tax applied to it.

Nah I just want it in the car, I’m open to suggestions on what engine to swap in, I’m relatively new to the s15 scene

Hell, if it fits get a ford Barra engine. Their quite accessible from local wreckers and cost around $2K mark annd some even come with an existing turbo set up but with the significant increase in power you may have to upgrade brakes and suspension. 

I would put in a RB25 NEO, with VCT and a solid lifters and being already a single turbo motor you'll be silly to put in a RB26.

But each to their own, saying I have a RB26 gives people boners.

I personally prefer fat torque and less lag + no need to spend days blocking up the secondary oil drains and tidying all the lines not to mention you need to chop the sump as well etc.

• Like 1