SAU Community

WTB: 3” high flow cat for r34 gtt specifically

rakka

Recently bought an R34. Amazing thing. Shitty sound.

then bought a kakimoto regu 92z from a member here the other day. Amazing thing I’m hoping :)

went to bolt it on yesterday. Worst case scenario happened. Previous owner had the exhaust “custom” made and the decat that was used was clearly for an rb but just not the r34... the flanges are tilted the wrong way around if that makes sense. And it’s about 30mm too short. 

Pretty sure cats for the 34 gtt are 340mm and the rest of the RBs (r33, r32, etc) 310mm. Far as I can tell from aftermarket stuff.

So yeah, sad. Catback dont bolt up haha.

so I think best way moving forward is to get an actual cat cos the back of the car keeps getting dirty as shit and although the smell of petrol  is nice, I don’t think that it’s doing any wonders for my little families health haha.

ive read that venom metal cats and catco ones are decent.

anyone with a spare hit me up, second hand is fine obviously as long as it’s not f**ked. Maybe ur going 3.5 and have the 3 lying around. 4” body or 5” is fine. Prefer 100 cell but.

if you got something similar let me know as well. But it has to be metal core and has to be a bolt on for r34 gtt (so the only modification I need to do would be rotate the flange on the front pipe).

Failing this yes I’m just gonna go buy it brand new but just throwing it out there just in case someone can help me out within the next few days

Cheers 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• With permission granted from the SAU admin (thanks Christian!) I'd like to introduce a new website "OEM Soko" (OEM -> Original Equipment Manufacturer, Soko -> Warehouse) https://www.oemsoko.co.jp/ It's a family business registered in Japan and owned by my wife (Japanese) with myself running the website and shipping side and doing all the English translations/dealing with clients in English. My son is also involved part time while studying. The business has been registered since 2016 but never promoted outside Japan until now due to other obligations.  So what service does OEM Soko offer? In a nutshell: Anything worth shipping from Japan via Japan Post EMS. It's primary focus is Automotive accessories and hobby related items such as model cars etc, however there's also a "Vintage Soko" section dealing with used items and categories like Car cleaning and Tools. There's also a category "Nifty items" which includes any items we come across that are a) made in Japan, and b) have some sort of "nifty" attribute.  By all means please take a look and let me know your thoughts or any feedback here in this thread. We're updating the products all the time and although it's not 'populated' so much at this stage, by checking up on what's new I'm sure there'll be something to pique your interest! * As an introductory offer to SAU members we'll throw in a "Car Wash Japan" Made in Japan 30cm x 30cm microfiber cloth with any order regardless of value! Just put your SAU member name and a link to your SAU profile in the "Order special instructions" section in the Shopping Cart (see attached image) to receive this free gift! 🙂👍 We're always open to any request for items from Japan no matter what it is, automotive related or not, so by all means please use the Contact form to send your request here! :  https://www.oemsoko.co.jp/pages/contact
    • Hi Dave and welcome! 
    • I have S15 helical too. It is a bit worn. I think the drive behaviour you describe is related to this wear. Wear of helicals is something that no-one seems to have paid a lot of attention to, but now that they (as in original Nissan ones) are all a bit old - we're starting to  see the consequences. The ends of the helical spurs wear into the casing. That's where they perform the braking that diverts torque. Some of the more modern helical designs have proper wear surfaces introduced there, but the Nissan ones are just steel on steel (or iron).
    • I've had a range of rear diff centres - open, viscous, helical, mechanical, welded, etc.   I can't go past a refreshed factory 32 gtr centre for consistent lock and street driving. The next step up for me would be the nismo 1.5 way , which likely suits you better as track sounds like the focus. Will chatter in carparks but its not the worst.   I have never tried a quaife rear diff, an option I've looked at before and might be one for you .....   Currently playing with an S15 centre at the moment and I hate it.  The transition from single wheel spin either side is just weird.
    • Honestly, I did think the PDM could do it and thought Haltech told me the pump didn’t like it. But after re-reading the emails and comments above, I clearly misunderstood lol.