SAU Community

GT30 Compact housings??

Mamba make a T25 turbine housing for a full size (60mm) GT30 turbine. I am considering using one to save the expense of getting a new custom T3 steam pipe manifold, EWG, dump pipe made. Can anyone comment on the performance of these? I understand they're a compromise but it looks like the internals of the housing becomes quite large after the flange, you can tell how it's relieved  around the stud holes. I'm tight on space so a T2/T3 adapter won't work. Also thinking of using the compact T04B compressor cover (GT2871R cover). Thanks

T25 GT30 0.61.jpg

Edited by Boosted Esky

The mamba housing in question is a good unit, not a compromise and will perform no different from its T3 counterpart.

For best results in the compromises you have mentioned use a GTX based 71mm compressor. The 71mm GTX is native to a T04B in the GT28 series units so it will work. 

• Thanks 1

I have used mamba housings  in the past, but only ran into an issue with my falcon (the two i used on sr20 t28 and the rb25 gt30 hosuing seemed fine)

I ordered a 1.04 housing and fitted that up. on the dyno she was boosting quite early and droping off in the top end with to much exhaust back-pressure (pushing the gate open).

Physical size comparison vs the garret 1.04 housing, the mamba was more rear world similar size to a garret .8 housing.

i ended up switching to a garret 1.04 rear housing and the spool was back to standard xr6 amounts but it would hold a solid boost line and not blow the gate open.

just be weary of the potential for sizing mismatch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1