SAU Community

Power fc tuning E85/98

AngryRB

I've been running E85 tuned on the power fc and had cold start problems for a long time which are apparently caused by dirty injectors.

So is it possible to fill with 98 and run a tank just cruising on light throttle with some reduction made on the hand controller or do i need a laptop and software and a 98 tune to switch to?

I read on here that a tank of 98 every few tanks will keep the fuel system clean.

Your cold start problem is probably down to the tune...or if you have dirty injectors take them out and get them tested and cleaned. If they are dirty you will fix the problem . If they are not try the tune.

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

It will be hella lean and way too advanced on 98 at any throttle above 15%.

You mean hella rich?

Best way is to have 2x tunes, ghetto way is to blend up some E40 or so and run that with temporary injector correction so it runs okay on light throttle, cruise, etc.

If you've been having cold start issues from the start, it's more likely you don't haven't enough cranking fuel for when it's cold.

Tuner says injectors are dirty as he replaced Cas, coils , coil loom, fuel reg, fuel filter and then road tuned it and did a week of cold starts.

It starts up quick when cold and hot, but when cold cyl 4 and 5 are dead until i get load into it in say 3rd which is a rough cold start, then is like it clears its throat and  back on all 6 cylinders. 

Seems that the injectors are only dirty temporarily so not sure getting them cleaned will help for long but worth a try.

If you have long term cold start issues which are caused by injectors which are blocked up enough to make it drop cylinders then I would have serious concerns about your engine health by now.   If you have been using the power you have and haven't hurt your engine then you are either quite lucky, or the dropping cylinders while in the warm up cycle is more likely to be a tune issue than "blocked injectors which magically clean up when the engine is warm, only to freshly block up again when it gets cold".

:35_thinking:

• Like 1

Sticky injectors that won't move until they've got a little heat into them is a possibility.  But otherwise, I concur with Lith.  You have some cause to be worried about your engine.  The earlier advice ref pulling them out and having them cleaned properly is the only sensible choice you have here.

4 hours ago, Lithium said:

If you have long term cold start issues which are caused by injectors which are blocked up enough to make it drop cylinders then I would have serious concerns about your engine health by now.   If you have been using the power you have and haven't hurt your engine then you are either quite lucky, or the dropping cylinders while in the warm up cycle is more likely to be a tune issue than "blocked injectors which magically clean up when the engine is warm, only to freshly block up again when it gets cold".

:35_thinking:

I pulled plugs out and did comp test to see, maybe number 6 has been affected.

The 155 annoys my OCD tendency, i will test that 10 more times lol ?

20190327_122421.jpg

Edited by AngryRB