SAU Community

RB28 6466 A/R Change

2 hours ago, TurboTapin said:

Thanks for the info. I would buy it from you but I'm presuming you're not anywhere close to Canada and shipping would put your price into new turbo territory. 6466's are had here for 2650$CDN new to the door. Let me know, thanks. 

PM me and offer in CAD delivered to your door and I will say yes or no.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BK said:

7275 is a bit of a dramatic upsize over the 6466.

It has certainly softened the transition onto boost compared to the 6466 which was savage making 18lb at 3200 just rolling into it in 3rd.  Now its around 5000 to 22lb.   1st and 2nd get to about 15lb max not reaching minimum boost unless launch control is used, but the car also struggles for traction in the low gears anyway just rolling into it.  More boost isnt going to help that. I haven't maxed the turbo and don't really intend to.  28-30lb should see past 800kw, and it doesn't drop off in top end now like it was with the 6466.

• Like 1

Precision just released a 6470 gen next R turbo

rated to almost 1000hp and comes with all the good size rear housings 

would be a killer street turbo if u want abit more then a 6466 and without it dropping off in top end 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SiR_RB said:

Precision just released a 6470 gen next R turbo

rated to almost 1000hp and comes with all the good size rear housings 

would be a killer street turbo if u want abit more then a 6466 and without it dropping off in top end 

I did see that but thought it might be to much rear for the front 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SiR_RB said:

It’s a good fit between 6466 and 6870

I think with the bigger front housing and rear on it the response will be closer to the 6870 and then you may as well grab the 6870 and take the extra power 

39 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

I think with the bigger front housing and rear on it the response will be closer to the 6870 and then you may as well grab the 6870 and take the extra power 

Yeah probably right there

16 minutes ago, jet_r31 said:

Is the 6470 a class turbo

I havnt looked yet.. Would have big exducer if it is.. 

yeh and a deeper wheel and larger exducer 

with massive rears available up to 1.7X ar in size 

On 21/10/2022 at 8:04 PM, r32-25t said:

I think all of precisions new turbos or “next gen r” are all aimed at being class legal turbos 

Yeah.  I wouldn't assume that the 6470 is kinda a smaller 6870, class legal turbos are designed with max flow for inducer size possible - which does not at all promise to maintain the response you'd expect from the size (not to say that it won't work out ok anyway, just can't promise).   Fwiw most 67mm class turbos are pretty laggy but make mental power for their size, and I fully expect the 6470 will be crazy power for a 64mm - it wouldn't shock me at all if they behave like a turbo at least as big as a 6870.