SAU Community

Anyone selling a r31 gts-r or looking to sell in the near future???

Overseas may be your best bet, one popped up for 1.5 million yen a few months ago and was snapped up pretty quickly. Average prices seems to be around the 3 - 4 million yen mark now. You probably don't need a lecture, but try to buy one as complete as possible as parts are becoming fairly thin on the ground now for the HR31.

Biggest things to look for are; mainfold, wing, steering wheel, lip, & bumper vents. Finding these things in good condition is nearly impossible now. 

31House do sell some amazing restored ones, but they would be well over 70 landed and registered.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2019 at 5:33 PM, masTers said:

Overseas may be your best bet, one popped up for 1.5 million yen a few months ago and was snapped up pretty quickly. Average prices seems to be around the 3 - 4 million yen mark now. You probably don't need a lecture, but try to buy one as complete as possible as parts are becoming fairly thin on the ground now for the HR31.

Biggest things to look for are; mainfold, wing, steering wheel, lip, & bumper vents. Finding these things in good condition is nearly impossible now. 

31House do sell some amazing restored ones, but they would be well over 70 landed and registered.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Shame as I'm looking to buy in a couple of months (around 6 months), by then they'd probably go up another few thousand. My budget is 55k Australian, but I want an OK deal as its a long term investment and would absolutely complete a dream of mine to have it parked side by side with the dr30. Keep me in your prayers in my search hahaha

Their business model is now to sell complete restored cars; You buy one of the "cheap ones" they have for sale in the yard in the agreement that they restore it for you. We are now living in an age where it takes 3-4 cars to make one good one.

I've noticed several Japanese single make workshops have moved to this model (TA Auto is another example of this with the S30) over recent years.

They are hoarding parts solely for use in restoration, not for resale. It's pretty sad, I've been there three times now and to see the physical amount of cars they have on site (R31 and now R30) is quite breathtaking (and heart breaking to see a rare part your're chasing rotting on the ground not for sale). Speaking to Shibata through a translater, he estimates he has about 320-350 of the 800 made on the property in various states. 

R31House are making reproduction parts now, but it really is becoming a monopoly. 

55k should be enough to import one, you just need to be really patent and wait for one to pop up, thankfully it seems the Americans haven't taken a huge shining to them like they have the 32 and 33.

A few months ago I was prepared to pay 10k for a bare rolling shell but couldn't find anything in Australia, NZ, or Japan. I found a car in California missing all the good bits but they still wanted 22k USD for it. 

Edited by masTers

1 hour ago, masTers said:

Their business model is now to sell complete restored cars; You buy one of the "cheap ones" they have for sale in the yard in the agreement that they restore it for you. We are now living in an age where it takes 3-4 cars to make one good one.

I've noticed several Japanese single make workshops have moved to this model (TA Auto is another example of this with the S30) over recent years.

They are hoarding parts solely for use in restoration, not for resale. It's pretty sad, I've been there three times now and to see the physical amount of cars they have on site (R31 and now R30) is quite breathtaking (and heart breaking to see a rare part your're chasing rotting on the ground not for sale). Speaking to Shibata through a translater, he estimates he has about 320-350 of the 800 made on the property in various states. 

R31House are making reproduction parts now, but it really is becoming a monopoly. 

55k should be enough to import one, you just need to be really patent and wait for one to pop up, thankfully it seems the Americans haven't taken a huge shining to them like they have the 32 and 33.

A few months ago I was prepared to pay 10k for a bare rolling shell but couldn't find anything in Australia, NZ, or Japan. I found a car in California missing all the good bits but they still wanted 22k USD for it. 

Thanks for info man, any idea as to the best person to speak to in order to contact them? Also would you know How much the restoration would cost roughly from what you've heard, or does it vary depending on what parts and options you want? Cheers lads 

All depends on the cost of the base car, here is an example of an average one they are selling for 47kish - So would be in your 55k budget landed and registered.

https://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/15/700020357730190708003.html

Looks to have an aftermarket intercooler. Probably not a bad option if you want to get into one ASAP, body looks decent and you can hunt around for a good hazard switch and you might be able to find a decent steering wheel.

I will ask a mate in Japan as to the restoration process and costs.  

9 minutes ago, masTers said:

All depends on the cost of the base car, here is an example of an average one they are selling for 47kish - So would be in your 55k budget landed and registered.

https://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/15/700020357730190708003.html

Looks to have an aftermarket intercooler. Probably not a bad option if you want to get into one ASAP, body looks decent and you can hunt around for a good hazard switch and you might be able to find a decent steering wheel.

I will ask a mate in Japan as to the restoration process and costs.  

Looks good, thanks alot for the help mate much appreciated, I've been lost on this topic for a good month, it's finally good to get some clarity on it. I'm going to have to wait for a few months to gather the money, if I had it right now I'd bag the car and ship it over lol. By the way are these prices negotiable or are they all set prices at r31 House lol. Once again, I appreciate the advice mate. 

I haven't bought a car from there, but generally no negotiation at the house, they are generous, but the price is the price.

I'll shout out if any more pop up. 

Just be warned not a lot is available for 31s any more - all the rubber seals, lights, badges, external door trims are NLA from Nissan, drive shafts and stub axles are pretty thin on the ground now as well (not an issue if you're not making big power). The bumper vents and lips are NLA (31House has some expensive reproduction ones now, and FRP lips are available).

If you do end up looking at one missing a few pieces keep the following in the back of your mind; Manifold and Heat Shield is anywhere from 2-5k, turbo is 1-2k depending on condition (crazy for a T04E), Steering wheel is 1-2k now depending on condition, Vents can be up to $1k from 31House, even little things like the factory gear knob can reach $500 now. Our shit dollar doesn't help at the moment either. I am sure you have seen similar issues with the DR30 however.

Hoping the HR31 gets picked up under the Nismo Heritage program in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by masTers
  • Thanks 1

On 17/07/2019 at 10:08 PM, Mick Maz said:

Looking for a 1987 r31 gts-r as my next purchase, if you have one your looking to sell or are selling and have a rough gauge as to how much you want please feel free to reply. If not I might have to source from overseas! 

Hey mate,

I have a GTS-R in Perth that I'm contemplating selling.  It has a genuine 68K from new and is in great condition.  You can PM me if you want to know more, or I can post up some photos here if you like.

image.thumb.png.bfd9beb4526c664a041b7f447ff6281e.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, datberger said:

Hey mate,

I have a GTS-R in Perth that I'm contemplating selling.  It has a genuine 68K from new and is in great condition.  You can PM me if you want to know more, or I can post up some photos here if you like.

image.thumb.png.bfd9beb4526c664a041b7f447ff6281e.png

Will pm you now, beautiful car. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...