SAU Community

piping install for 600X300X76 cooler

wados

bracket.jpg  

bracket i made, its bolted on where the horn used to be

http://www.tygarbyte.com/huev/images/inter...racketmount.jpg

I grinded that lump to make the surface flat. and then painted it.

front1.jpg  

front2.jpg  

height from the ground.

clearance2.jpg  

total days to install all by myself ? 4 dayssssss.............. got freakin sunburnt doing it tooo.

Hopefully i should have it completed tomorrow.

Hi bangahh how did it turn out with the front bar fitted?Can we get a pic...

looks very neat.How much did you pay fro the 180 degree mandrell bend?And have you used the mounts on the bottom on the intercooler to help give it more ridgidity?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

waldo - did you paint the inside of the pipe as well ? I think I might try and paint the inside aswell.

I've seen several so-called heat-proof paints flake away quite easily too, and your cooler piping ends up full of slightly oil residue anyway, so i can only see it worthwhile painting the outside...

RowdyR32's old setup, before he put a RB26 in, looped in front of the radiator but that was the pipe feeding the intercooler NOT returning from it. Sure the intercooler has to sink a bit more heat but a 600x300x76 is pretty huge for a RB20, if you're not going too extreme, and the pipes just before the manifold barely got warm.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey guys,

well i posted in this sect originally as r33dan, well my car has come along now heres some pics if my new cooler piping i made yesterday (well tack welded yesterday finishing this week and spraying it)

post-28791-1151309925.jpg

Edited by sinistagtst

• 2 weeks later...

yeh cooler piping should work fine on 32gtst, just a case off looking trial and error with angles etc, remember to measure ten times cut/weld once. and front bar do a search man theres plenty of threads on it.