SAU Community

on the dyno

cav

had my car on the dyno the other day, pushed just over 160kw at the treads. problem though, lazy fuel pump, the pressure is good but the flow dropped right down. what is a good replacement fuel pump. should i go internal or rig up an external pump.

Guest two.06l
had my car on the dyno the other day, pushed just over 160kw at the treads. problem though, lazy fuel pump, the pressure is good but the flow dropped right down. what is a good replacement fuel pump. should i go internal or rig up an external pump.
mate drop an 044 bosch pump in the tank and solve all your troubles..Paul.....DIRTgarage.

Guest two.06l
yeah I ran an 044 as well.  good for something like 600hp.

yeah pretty good eh.we started to run of flow at 350-360awkw.not bad for a pump that is not designed to suck fuel.

problem though, lazy fuel pump, the pressure is good but the flow dropped right down.

That's impossible

Sorry, but it is...

If the flow is reduced, there isn't enough fuel to hold the pressure. It's that simple

It might be time to have it checked out by someone else. :cheers:

problem though, lazy fuel pump, the pressure is good but the flow dropped right down.

That's impossible

Sorry, but it is...

If the flow is reduced, there isn't enough fuel to hold the pressure. It's that simple.

It could be time to have it checked out by someone else.. :cheers:

i believe the fuel pump on the r33 is rising voltage. i may also have a problem with the relay which clicks in at a certain rev to increase the fuel pump flow or pressure, where is this situated and would this be the problem?

Guest two.06l
That's impossible

Sorry, but it is...

If the flow is reduced, there isn't enough fuel to hold the pressure. It's that simple

It might be time to have it checked out by someone else.  :P

you know everything,sorry but you do....

might want to change your sig.