SAU Community

doom 3

predator

compare & discuss... :cheers:

unbelieveable I reckon.. taken games to the next level in atmosphere and expectations. Feels like you're actually playing *in* the Alien movies or something. Lights out, volume up, its pretty scary.

Don't think i could actually play it during the day :-s

i liked wolfenstein, i liked doom, i liked a few other first persons but after so many bloody clones i'm just SICK and TIRED of them all, its all the same, prettier graphics yeah but still the same old game dressed up differently...

is doom3 any different?

i've heard its supposed to set a new standard, but if its just the same as all these others how can it be?

thank you

yeah, its all the same pretty much.. but its better same :cheers:

I mean it is actually pretty scary.. not too many movies or games actually make you jump these days. Doom3 does that really well.

well just think of cars, they all have 4 wheels, they all essentially do the same thing since they were invented, but they still keep people occupied for hours and hours.

And hollywood movies these days are no better, in fact generally worse.

I got it, sweet graphics although hard to see them! Its very dark and atmospheric. Some parts will scare the shit outta ya just like the first one!

It's worth the money imo.

Jimbo- i hope your system is newish. it runs pretty well on mine but i'm not using AA. mines a p4 [email protected], 9700pro w/ 512 on an asus. much below that and i reckon it would struggle.

um i hear that the reccomended vid car is 512 :Oops:

they're hardly even relaeased yet

i got a 256 so should be fine and dandy

A 512 would be desirable for the ULTRA setting in D3... however, you can run the ULTRA settings on a 128/256 MB card.. just be expected to sit thru slight pauses while the game swaps in/out massive textures which are uncompressed into avail. vid card memory...

Apparently, i havent tried yet, the difference between ULTRA and HIGH settings would not be apparent to the usual 'descerning' player... very little quantization exists between these two modes...

Do what i did, set in game res at 1024x768, medium qual and experience great, playable, non-pausing framerates on a Xp2800 + R9600XT all at stock freqs...

Just turn the sound and bass up and prepare for a unique gaming experience...

ps if anyone finds a link to a fullversion "demo" so i can tell if i want to pay for it or not i would appreciate it

Apparently a demo is not too far off. Just have to wait for id to bash thru the piles of money so they can get back to their computer desks...

Seriously thou, just buy a copy from EB... play it, and if you like it keep it... if not, take it back and make some BS up about it not working... plenty of other people have had issues thus far with it crashing and stuff... as such EB will give you a full refund.. worked for me with FarCry and dodgy CD copy protection stuff.