SAU Community

Which Fuel is better?

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know this question can open a can of worms. But i have heard from a few

guys that optimax is bad then bp is another and also vortex is pretty good. Just wanna hear your view.

BTW also any other fuels that u have noticed.

ceffo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried both but found that my car pings a little when running Optimax. But it is a bit better on BP Ultimate. Vortex isn't 98 so you can't really compare it to the others.

I use BP most of the time as it is the closest to my house.

I think this subject has been discussed before and the result was 1-BP, 2-Mobile and 3-Optimax. Someone did some test on the three different fuel and found that BP had the least additive and cleaner etc.

I mainly pump BP Ultimate, as I found Optimax made my exhaust gas really smelly.

But either way with the petrol price been so high at the moment, I might have to start pumping water :cheers:

I use both, optimax and BP ultimate. I have read about the optimax not being as good as its cracked up to be but for some reason I get noticably better fuel consumption on optimax.

And yes, now that you mention it I do notice a weird smell from the exhaust with the Shell brew.

As a matter or interest, Octane Numbers are not a percentage. They are a rating that can increase past 100. It is determined by using both the RON and MON of the fuel and calculating a final octane number.

Vortex is definitely NOT 98 octane and it makes my PFC knock sensor go off its tits.

Of all the fuels i've used, Evolution 98 is the best but the servo that sold it locally just stopped carrying it.

Adrian

Guest two.06l

We have tried all of the above. Every time we have had it tuned at Croydons Jim has complained "what fuel have u got in this car!?". The last time we had it tuned we used Syn 8000, it was the first time Jim felt good/smiled about our car, because he could actually see/get some good results. We also added oct.booster.

Even though we live 45 min from the nearest servo that sells it, it seems to be worth the drive.

I only use Ultimate in the rotor. Optimax is a little too dense for mycar, Ultimate seems to yeild the most reasonable results, and its tuned for it.

Different story for Piston engines though I guess, as to what fuel suits best...

WA fuel :)

with our boutique fuel regulations its refined better here. Over here we have

BP Ultimate98 98 RON the best i've used in WA

Caltex Vortex 96 RON with an injector cleaner. Crap ping ping ping ping all the way

Shell Premium unleaded 96 RON quite good for a 96, very good with the stock ecu pings with the powerfc. (Due to the boutique regulations we can't get Optimax as its refined in the Eastern states. Last time I checked)

Mobil we don't get.

Gull Premium unleaded. 98 RON bought from bp then different addatives added. Haven't tried it.

• 6 months later...

i mainly use either bp ultimate and optimax, both are really great, when tuning though my mechanic said optimax is a bit harder to tune so make sure its all fresh, when bp is accesible ill get it no doubt but mobil syn, is no where in our area...

vortex is shithouse, used that and car ran crap, even in my parents magna vrx fuel consumption was shocking compared to optimax...

ben...