SAU Community

Best place to bore out a Rb25det neo in Brisbane

Hi guys am fitting a 2.9L stoker kit on my 25 neo and thought I might as well get it bored out while everything is apart

anyone know how much can actually be bored from a 25 neo and what pistons would fit that bore
And what is a good place to do that close the Brisbane 

thanks

jack

1 hour ago, Jacks red r34 gtt said:

Hi guys am fitting a 2.9L stoker kit on my 25 neo and thought I might as well get it bored out while everything is apart

anyone know how much can actually be bored from a 25 neo and what pistons would fit that bore
And what is a good place to do that close the Brisbane 

thanks

jack

If your thinking you'll bore it out to increase capacity, the increase you'll get by going one size (86.5mm) or two sizes over (87mm) is negligible. If you want increased capacity from a larger bore, you're looking at getting the block sleeved and even then I wouldn't say that's money well spent. 

As for how far a 25 neo can be bored, it's answered above. Safely 1 mm over. What pistons fit that bore? 87mm pistons. 

If your building a motor, typically you don't want to bore the motor out unless you have to. If the cylinders are good to go with only a hone, then that's ideal. Leave more meat on the block for the next time it gets pulled down and machined. 

In the end, I'd say be guided by your engine builder / machinist, I'm guessing your not building this thing yourself?