SAU Community

R34 gtt gearbox on rb30et series 2

27 minutes ago, Jacks red r34 gtt said:

Hi guys

have done a days with of searching and haven’t found a thing about what is needed to fit a rb25det neo gearbox to a rb30et engine block

also does anyone know if you can use r34 stock engine mounts to hold the rb30 block

you need work on your searching ability my dude.

All the cool kids are doing ls swaps now

44 minutes ago, Jacks red r34 gtt said:

also does anyone know if you can use r34 stock engine mounts to hold the rb30 block

Yep, and when I fitted my 30, according to the RB30 twin cam pdf guide the RB30 would be too tall for the R33 engine bay but I had no height issues, bonnet closed fine with no rubbing.

1 hour ago, Rusty Nuts said:

I think he was just pricing up his options mate.

Possibly taking advice... I suggested an RB30 would be much cheaper and better! (BTW  an RB30 fitted under my Stagea bonnet even with a top mount with no lowering of engine mounts necessary).

• Like 1

Ok thanks guys

yeah am getting ready to build a rb25/30 to put in once I get my licence so no rush so want to take the time to get everything right

kiwiRS4T how did you go about 30 swapping your ride

what trany, head, internals, ecu, harness etc did you use

13 hours ago, Jacks red r34 gtt said:

Hi guys

have done a days with of searching and haven’t found a thing about what is needed to fit a rb25det neo gearbox to a rb30et engine block

The r34 mounts should work on the 30 in a 34

6 hours ago, Jacks red r34 gtt said:

Ok thanks guys

yeah am getting ready to build a rb25/30 to put in once I get my licence so no rush so want to take the time to get everything right

kiwiRS4T how did you go about 30 swapping your ride

what trany, head, internals, ecu, harness etc did you use

Stock internals, just rings bearings and con rod bolts. RB 25DET head retaining the VCT. Link ECU in the original case. Because the Stagea was AWD I got an R33 GTR gearbox but big box RB25 would be fine for 2wd. Stock manifolds would be fine for 500hp+