SAU Community

MLR's Bogan cruise ship

Why didn't you buy the one I originally linked in QLD which was about 18k and in massively better condition with about 30k of tastefulmods holyshitmygodjesuschristman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

Why didn't you buy the one I originally linked in QLD which was about 18k and in massively better condition with about 30k of tastefulmods holyshitmygodjesuschristman.

I've driven that one and it's a great deal and drives nice. The owner definitely treats it right on track. You would have gotten it for what you paid for this one too.

Keen to see what you do to this one. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

The one I got has 50k km less on it, and is in good nick, plus was relatively local, I wasn't going to fly into QLD to look at a old MX5

As for the mods, meh, I just want a comfy fun little car for the street

In other news, we took it to Goulburn today to lunch with the daughter, good times

Mrs did insist on me putting the roof up about half way there as she said it was to cold, I did tell her to rug up before we left, but, nope, fashionable attire won, bloody convertible rookie 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

This thread always delivers, thanks again mate

Talking about deliveries 

I have one on the way from MX5 Mania already, only for a little added noise really 

56472.1_1_960x.thumb.jpg.010c71f4ac0cc2bb496a2b95a48d796c.jpg

Plus I'm waiting on Super Cheap for every oil, fluid, filter that goes in it, and some new plugs for it as well, because why not

After that is all finished it's off to MX5 Mania for the ECUTEK, mainly because I want the rev match for when I'm racing to work or the local Coles shopping centre 🤪

8 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Turbo kit on back order?

Nope, it's just a fun "reliable" daily 

Axle back, new thermostat and coolant bottle arrived from MX5 Mania, I'm still waiting for Super Cheap to get back to me with my order, once I get everything in my hands I'll take some leave and "play", starting with serving and fitting parts, then detail

I honestly think this is the most fun part about getting a new old car

1 minute ago, MBS206 said:

In roughly 6 to 9 months time, what mods will you have done, and how much can I buy the car for? :P

I thought you might have asked about the Honda, but as the boy just wrote off his Patrol, and was trying to find a cheap daily to get by with, I decided to give the Honda to him

16 minutes ago, The Bogan said:

I thought you might have asked about the Honda, but as the boy just wrote off his Patrol, and was trying to find a cheap daily to get by with, I decided to give the Honda to him

Ha ha ha, I read that he had it based on brownie points so knew it wasn't going to be sold :P

I also am only shit stirring on buying, while they'd all be great cars, I don't need more, I actually sold one a few weeks ago. And immediately bought more tools... :P

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MBS206 said:

Ha ha ha, I read that he had it based on brownie points so knew it wasn't going to be sold :P

I also am only shit stirring on buying, while they'd all be great cars, I don't need more, I actually sold one a few weeks ago. And immediately bought more tools... :P

Talking about tools, my trombone cleaner arrived, talk about weird speciality tools....

Bored at work, so...

Out with the old

PXL_20240604_054125407.thumb.jpg.bab2376aa90aecd345debc92cdf45cc3.jpg

In with the new

PXL_20240604_062141015.thumb.jpg.e303f148a63d105402f488dae872ea0c.jpg

Sounds good, and most importantly, no drone

Thinking about being bored at work again tomorrow, or maybe give myself a EKO so I can do the new thermostat and coolant reservoir 

9 minutes ago, MBS206 said:

Mark needs to get bored at work and order things on here...

Whilst putting a V8 in a MX5 would be fun, it would negate the whole cheap to run fun daily that the MX5 will be used for

If I wanted a faster little convertible I would have got a engine check light, I mean a BMW Z4 M, but going off the issues that the guy at work who recently got one is having, it is lucky I didn't 

Meh, horses for courses, the Bogan Cruise Ship is my go to for some horse torques