SAU Community

Walbro Fuel Pump 600hp

Can any one comment on the performance/reliability compare to the Bosch 044 fuel pump

cheers

the 044 has a higher flow rate but costs a lot more. I've got one of these and it's dead quiet. Plus it's easier to fit than the Bosch.

Capt John from UAS uses a lot of Walbro fuel pumps and has never had one fail.

Capt John from UAS uses a lot of Walbro fuel pumps and has never had one fail.

I bet he never got 600hp out of one either. A Bosch 044 fuel pump does 330lph at 72.5psi (5 bar) and can support up to 700hp. Walbro pumps are not known for their efficiency under normal fuel pressure, that's why they released the HP (high pressure) versions. Since the original post does not say it's the HP version, I presume that it's the original pissweak version. Do the math. But don't take it from me, take it from a site that sells these pumps. http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/walbro_...el_pumps/honda/

"For example, at 80 PSI the standard 255 lph pump will flow around 132 liters (35 gallons) per hour. At that same 80 PSI the equivalent HP (high pressure) fuel pump will flow over 210 liters (50 gallons) per hour."

Even the HP version will be lucky to crack 500hp, so I think this thread title is false advertising.

If anyone buys one of these pumps and gets 600hp out of it, I'll eat my hat.

you got any left? i might come by and pick one up.

steve

Got 2 left but can get some more. Compared to the 044 the flow rate is slightly less but will probably flow more than you will ever need. There also easier to fit as they are 1/3 the size and seem to be more reliable then the bosch . Never had one fail. cheers.

Thanks for your awe inspiring comments jimx. This is the top of the range gss341

and we have already had 450rwhp out of one on a r33 gts-t with no aftermarket fuel regulator on a dyno dynamics dyno in shootout mode. 450rwhp is well over 500hp at the crank so looks like you could be eating your hat. :headspin:

I bet he never got 600hp out of one either. A Bosch 044 fuel pump does 330lph at 72.5psi (5 bar) and can support up to 700hp. Walbro pumps are not known for their efficiency under normal fuel pressure, that's why they released the HP (high pressure) versions. Since the original post does not say it's the HP version, I presume that it's the original pissweak version. Do the math. But don't take it from me, take it from a site that sells these pumps. http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/walbro_...el_pumps/honda/

"For example, at 80 PSI the standard 255 lph pump will flow around 132 liters (35 gallons) per hour. At that same 80 PSI the equivalent HP (high pressure) fuel pump will flow over 210 liters (50 gallons) per hour."

Even the HP version will be lucky to crack 500hp, so I think this thread title is false advertising.

If anyone buys one of these pumps and gets 600hp out of it, I'll eat my hat.

Got 2 left but can get some more. Compared to the 044 the flow rate is slightly less but will probably flow more than you will ever need. There also easier to fit as they are 1/3 the size and seem to be more reliable then the bosch . Never had one fail. cheers.

Man, give it up. 255lph with no fuel pressure is nowhere near 330lph under 5 bars of pressure. Not "slightly less". Yes they are easier to fit than Bosch pumps, no doubt about that. But most Bosch pump failures seem to be due to improper fitment so you can't really blame the pump. The Walbro pumps flow more than most factory ones, but to suggest yours will flow 600hp is just wrong. I've only ever seen them referred to as 500hp pumps, and even then that's overly optimistic except maybe for the HP version. Don't spread lies to pimp your product.

Is something wrong , are you jealous or something ? I suggest you get your facts right and comment on actual fact rather then net parroting on something you know nothing about. Like i said 450rwhp on one of these pumps no aftermarket fuel reg. Will pm you a dyno sheet . Now please stop making a tool of yourself.

Man, give it up. 255lph with no fuel pressure is nowhere near 330lph under 5 bars of pressure. Not "slightly less". Yes they are easier to fit than Bosch pumps, no doubt about that. But most Bosch pump failures seem to be due to improper fitment so you can't really blame the pump. The Walbro pumps flow more than most factory ones, but to suggest yours will flow 600hp is just wrong. I've only ever seen them referred to as 500hp pumps, and even then that's overly optimistic except maybe for the HP version. Don't spread lies to pimp your product.

Jealous of what? That you sell fuel pumps and I don't? :) There was a thread way back by someone (I think Steve, could be wrong) who had a standard Walbro pump and he found that it wouldn't hold up above 230rwkw or so. The HP version may well flow more, but you didn't specify in the initial post that it was the "top of the range" so I assumed it was the lower pressure. If you do in fact sell the HP version then I apologise, but I still think you've inflated your figures at least slightly.

Whatever the case, how can you even attempt to say that 255lph is slightly less than 330lph?

Anyway, free bumpage :)

they an internal or a external pump?

and whats the retail on one of these .. again .. compared to a Bosch 040 internal pump?

Matt

There are internal pumps. They retail for around $350.00 about the same as the 040.

And yeh they have been used in gtr;s.

Jimx it is rated less than a 044 but most ppl want a good upgrade pump not a 700hp monster that wont fit anywhere.

Thanks for your awe inspiring comments jimx. This is the top of the range gss341

and we have already had 450rwhp out of one on a r33 gts-t with no aftermarket fuel regulator on a dyno dynamics dyno in shootout mode. 450rwhp is well over 500hp at the crank so looks like you could be eating your hat.   :headspin:

i dont own one of these pumps

i dont care to take sides

ive seen this pump do 450 rwhp on a 33 gtst.

Tom

• 6 years later...