SAU Community

Possible swap on R34 RB20DE NEO?

Hi. 
Soon i will be owner of Skyline R34 with RB20DE Neo engine and manual trans.
Car was cheap and has done 209 000 KM.
I dont mind the "poor" power of the engine but it can be in a bad shape.
So what engine type i can "easily" swap in instead of this one?

I looked for the info about this model but this type of car is crazy rare and not much of the info about it...
FYI iam from different country so no P plates or any power restriction but that is not case...
Plan is the 100% reliable engine/car. Skylines(R34) are even rarer in here so spare parts and anything on it i expensive.

Thank you for the info.

I see that you have already asked this question and got all the answers back in March. Did you get a GT4 or is your car RWD only in which case the only difference is you can buy any RB25DET (preferably with a gearbox) and then spend money doing that up.

15 hours ago, Kapr said:

Hi. 
Soon i will be owner of Skyline R34 with RB20DE Neo engine and manual trans.
Car was cheap and has done 209 000 KM.
I dont mind the "poor" power of the engine but it can be in a bad shape.
So what engine type i can "easily" swap in instead of this one?

I looked for the info about this model but this type of car is crazy rare and not much of the info about it...
FYI iam from different country so no P plates or any power restriction but that is not case...
Plan is the 100% reliable engine/car. Skylines(R34) are even rarer in here so spare parts and anything on it i expensive.

Thank you for the info.

The actual answer is

If you need to ask what engine you can easily swap, you can't do it.

• Like 1
  • Nope 1

18 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

I see that you have already asked this question and got all the answers back in March. Did you get a GT4 or is your car RWD only in which case the only difference is you can buy any RB25DET (preferably with a gearbox) and then spend money doing that up.

No that GT4 has rust all over ? This car maybe have "junky" engine but little to no rust in the engine bay(literally no at the worst part)
This is RB20DE NEO RWD.

May i ask why with gearbox? Is it just better to buy(do that) like complete "set" or is the gearbox in this car different?

4 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

The actual answer is

If you need to ask what engine you can easily swap, you can't do it.

Yes i can't do it..but iam just asking for the info just to know what should be the "easiest" option to consider...

6 hours ago, Kapr said:

May i ask why with gearbox? Is it just better to buy(do that) like complete "set" or is the gearbox in this car different?

The RB25DET gearbox is big and strong. Any box that came behind ANY RB20 is not. They do not last long when pushed by a 25.

On 7/6/2020 at 4:55 AM, Kapr said:

Skylines(R34) are even rarer in here so spare parts and anything on it i expensive.

Considering this, why not put in whatever your local meme engine swap option is? ie. in Australia it would be the LS1, surely there's a similar local option in abundance?

Thank you for all yours answers :-)
Ok so with RB25DE(T)...new gearbox(or just complete engine with gearbox already on it).

For the other engines i dont know...in our country people drives 2.0TDI (diesel turbo) :-D
I want to stick with RB family and i looked at my option and best bet is RB25DET (non NEO) from R33 GTS-T

Thanks.
Anyone know anything about this engine?
What about coilpacks and sparkplugs?
What choice do i have here? Can i use one from DET model?
Everywhere i looked only info i can find is about DET not much about DE NEO...:-/ 

• 4 years later...

Hi.
After a 4 long/short years i wanna ask. Just ask cuz i know it would be a ALOT work but.

https://3gspares.co.nz/collections/engines/products/nissan-r34-skyline-rb25det-neo-turbo-5mt-complete-engine-motor-package-104-400km-gt-t

I found this engine...it looks like it has all the things you need to for the swap. It looks clean and in very good condition
How hard would it be to swap instead of RB20DE NEO(factory 5spd manual)

I know the gearbox is weak but it should just plug n play for a while no?
I have better fuel pump(mine went bad) and brakes are from GTT.

Iam just asking around to gather info. Only considering this cuz i know these guys and this engine IMO is completed package for swap.

5 hours ago, Kapr said:

How hard would it be to swap instead of RB20DE NEO

Not hard. It is a factory option for the car.

If you are planning to do the swap yourself and you have to ask if it's hard or not, then it sounds like you will find it quite challenging to do. 

Does the budget allow for the purchase of a RB25DET gearbox at the same time? Life will be so much easier if you can swap both the motor and box together, and it's not like your saving yourself any money either, you WILL need the bigger box in future. By doing it now you will save time, money and you won't find yourself broken down at the most inconvenient time in the future.

• Like 2

Hi. Thank you for the answer. No i will not do it myself. My mechanic is very capable IMO but problem are parts. I need to order everything from abroad specialy from JAP/AUD/NZ cuz we do not have anything here.
The "hard" part is for the parts...is this engine iam looking for has "everything" i need for the swap or are there any parts i would need?
I know factory air box is missing but i have HKS air filter and some of the old DE air box would fit in. I know that intercooler is missing too but that is aftermarket stuff and that should be easy to get even in here.

As for the money on gearbox...i do but i do not at the same time. I want to have some money on the side cuz i know something will go bad or need to replace.

Iam seeing this as project for many month/year+ so no need to rush.

As i was saying iam only looking into this cuz this particular engine. I know the 3G Spares have reliable parts.
Other engines i saw are mostly (like 99%) AWD engines with "no" history and ton of parts missing.

1 hour ago, Kapr said:

is this engine iam looking for has "everything" i need for the swap or are there any parts i would need?

You'd have more luck finding that out by contacting 3G Spares, rather then asking some randoms on the internet. 

Direct from their ad, "Complete Engine Motor Package" "OEM factory complete RWD RB25DET Neo turbo engine package" "Engine conversion package".

I mean, you say you want to do an engine conversion. They say it's a complete engine conversion package... I can only assume you want what they have. But yeah, maybe just ask them if you have any concerns. 

With the (absolutely compulsory, I might add) turbo gearbox, you will need the different tailshaft. Cannot use the shaft from the skinny tranny.

And, you will also want an LSD. There will be no point having a 25DET with an open diff. You will catch AIDS and die.

• Like 1

I ask them...of course how much would be the shipping too :-) I know i can ask them...i just ask here if by the description on their website is everything there for the swap. I know some major parts etc but iam not mechanic...so maybe someone who is far more experienced would see and say...oh yeah you will need this too and this will not work...this type of stuff :-) I just gathering as much info i can get.

@GTSBoy: i cannot? It is good to know...i saw on the other forums that they use shafts and gearbox from RB20DE (i think the RB25DE has the same "weak" trans?)
LSD i would get here...some folks have this from theirs GTTs...

Yeah i already typed few people around here if they have/can get GTT trans :-) 

Ok so with new trans i need GTT/trans propshaft. 
With that RB20DE NEO trans..i know it depends on condition but can i at least drive with it? I do not mean trash it... just to drive it around/to shop/garage.
I know some people have same trans on RB25DET and make on it 10k+ km ...but some of them blow it after couple of km
Iam talking part/compability wise.

Apart from that...is there anything else i maybe looking to get/need?

Yes, you can fit the engine to it and drive it. The torque of the 25 will trash the input shaft bearings in fairly short order. If you boost the power up much at all, you risk breaking things more seriously.

I destroyed 2x of these on an RB20 at under 180rwkW. Not thrashing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Achieve Success in Your NURS FPX 4010 Assessments with Customized Online Tutoring! Understanding NURS FPX 4010 Assessments NURS FPX 4010 assessments are crucial milestones in your nursing education, designed to ensure that you thoroughly understand key healthcare concepts and can apply them effectively in clinical practice. Whether you're mastering patient care procedures or analyzing complex medical situations, each assessment—such as NURS FPX 4010 Assessment 1 or Assessment 3 focused on Ethical Principles—provides a platform to demonstrate your competence and expertise. Why Choose Our Nursing Assessment Support? Our expert tutors are well-versed in the intricacies of NURS FPX 4010 assessments and are dedicated to making your learning experience more manageable and successful. Whether you're dealing with foundational topics in Assessment 1 or facing ethical challenges in Assessment 3, we offer the precise guidance and support you need to excel. Our tutors combine a deep understanding of nursing principles with knowledge of the specific requirements and expectations of each assessment, ensuring that you receive personalized, effective assistance. Personalized Tutoring Tailored to Your Needs We recognize that every student has unique learning styles and needs. That's why our tutors provide a customized approach to teaching, adapting their methods and resources to suit your individual preferences. Whether you benefit most from visual aids, hands-on exercises, or detailed discussions, we tailor our support to help you grasp the material fully. Whether you're dealing with ethical issues in NURS FPX 4010 Assessment 4 or looking to sharpen your critical nursing skills, our tutors are committed to helping you succeed. Expert Tutors Ready to Guide You Our tutors bring a wealth of knowledge in nursing and are skilled at navigating the challenges of NURS FPX 4010 assessments. Whether you're struggling to understand complex medical terminology, interpret patient data, or apply ethical principles, our tutors are here to guide you every step of the way. With their expertise and support, you can approach each assessment with confidence, knowing you have the tools and guidance needed to succeed. Efficient Progress with Focused Support We understand the importance of progressing efficiently through your nursing program. That's why we focus on helping you move quickly through NURS FPX 4010 Assessment 2 and 3, providing the targeted support and resources you need to complete your BSN or MSN program within a single billing cycle. Our approach is designed to help you achieve your academic goals promptly and effectively. Fast-Track Your RN to BSN or RN to MSN Journey Our strategic, focused tutoring approach is designed to maximize your efficiency while maintaining high educational standards, allowing you to fast-track your progression from RN to BSN or RN to MSN. With the support of our dedicated tutors, you'll be well-prepared to reach your academic and professional goals in a shorter time frame, setting you up for a successful nursing career. We Value Your Time and Investment At Nurs Assessment, we understand the importance of your time and financial investment. That's why we are committed to providing high-quality, efficient tutoring services that empower you to excel in your NURS FPX 4010 assessments. With our support, you can make the most of your nursing education and confidently pursue a successful career in nursing.
    • Unlock Success in Your NURS FPX 4000 Assessments with Expert Tutoring! What Are NURS FPX 4000 Assessments? These assessments are crucial milestones in your nursing education, designed to test your understanding of essential healthcare concepts and your ability to apply them in real-world situations. Whether you're navigating patient care protocols, handling complex medical scenarios, or grappling with ethical decision-making, each NURS FPX 4000 assessment—be it Assessment 1 or Assessment 3 on Applying Ethical Principles—offers a platform to showcase your knowledge and skills. Why Choose Us for Your Nursing Assessments? Our team of seasoned tutors specializes in the nuances of NURS FPX 4000 assessments, committed to making your academic journey smoother and more successful. Whether you're mastering the basics in Assessment 1 or confronting ethical challenges in Assessment 3, we provide the tailored support and expertise needed to excel. Our tutors are not just experts in nursing; they are also well-versed in the specific demands and expectations of these assessments, ensuring you receive the targeted assistance required to succeed. Personalized Tutoring to Meet Your Unique Needs We understand that each student learns differently, which is why our tutors offer a customized approach to teaching. Whether you learn best through visual aids, interactive activities, or one-on-one discussions, we adapt our methods to match your preferences, ensuring you fully grasp the material. Whether you're navigating the ethical complexities of NURS FPX 4000 Assessment 4 or fine-tuning your nursing skills, our tutors are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Knowledgeable Tutors Ready to Support You Our tutors bring not only deep nursing expertise but also a thorough understanding of the NURS FPX 4000 assessments. Whether you're challenged by medical terminology, patient data analysis, or the application of ethical principles, our tutors provide the guidance you need. With their support, you'll approach each assessment with greater confidence, knowing you're well-prepared to succeed. Complete Your Program Faster with Our Support We prioritize efficiency, helping you progress through NURS FPX 4000 Assessment 2 and 3 quickly and confidently. Our focused tutoring approach ensures you gain the necessary knowledge and skills to complete your BSN or MSN program within just one billing cycle. We're here to help you achieve your academic milestones swiftly and effectively. Accelerate Your Path from RN to BSN or MSN Our strategic, high-quality tutoring is designed to accelerate your journey from RN to BSN or RN to MSN. We help you streamline your learning process, allowing you to reach your academic and professional goals faster without compromising the quality of your education. With our expert guidance, you'll be well-prepared for a successful nursing career. Your Time and Investment Matter to Us At Nurs Assessment, we recognize the value of your time and financial investment. We're dedicated to providing efficient, high-quality tutoring services that enable you to excel in your NURS FPX 4000 assessments and complete your nursing program in just one billing cycle. With our support, you can maximize your educational experience and confidently embark on a successful nursing career.
    • Achieve Excellence in NURS FPX 4050 Assessments with Our Expert Online Tutoring! What Are NURS FPX 4050 Assessments? NURS FPX 4050 assessments are essential checkpoints in your nursing education, designed to ensure you have a solid understanding of key healthcare concepts and can apply them in real-world situations. From mastering patient care techniques to analyzing complex medical cases, each assessment—whether it’s NURS FPX 4050 Assessment 1 or Assessment 3 on Applying Ethical Principles—gives you a platform to demonstrate your knowledge and skills. Why Choose Our Nursing Assessment Support? Our team of experienced tutors understands the specific demands of these assessments and is dedicated to making your learning journey smoother. Whether you’re dealing with foundational topics in Assessment 1 or addressing ethical issues in Assessment 3, we’re here to provide the guidance and support you need to succeed. Our tutors are not only experts in nursing, but they also understand the unique requirements and expectations of each assessment, ensuring that you receive the customized guidance you need to excel. Tailored Learning Support Just for You We know that every student has unique learning preferences and needs. That’s why our tutors offer a personalized approach, adjusting their teaching methods and resources to fit your individual learning style. Whether you benefit from visual aids, interactive exercises, or in-depth discussions, we tailor our support to help you understand the material effectively. Whether you’re working through ethical principles in NURS FPX 4050 Assessment 4 or refining your clinical skills, our tutors are committed to helping you thrive. Expert Tutors to Guide You Our tutors are highly knowledgeable in nursing concepts and experienced in guiding students through the complexities of NURS FPX 4050 assessments. Whether you’re struggling with medical terminology, interpreting patient data, or applying ethical principles, our tutors are here to assist you at every step. With their expertise and support, you can approach each assessment with confidence, knowing you have the tools to succeed. Efficient Progress Toward Your Goals We understand how important it is to make steady progress in your nursing program. That’s why we focus on helping you move efficiently through NURS FPX 4050 Assessments 2 and 3. By offering targeted support and resources, we help you complete your BSN or MSN program within a single billing cycle, allowing you to achieve your academic goals more quickly and efficiently. Accelerate Your RN to BSN or MSN Pathway Our strategic, focused tutoring approach is designed to maximize your learning efficiency while maintaining high standards of quality. This allows you to accelerate your journey from RN to BSN or RN to MSN. With our dedicated tutors, you’ll be able to reach your academic and professional goals in less time, ensuring you’re well-prepared for success in your nursing career. Maximize Your Educational Investment At Nurs Assessment, we value your time and investment in your education. That’s why we are committed to providing high-quality, efficient tutoring services that empower you to excel in your NURS FPX 4050 assessments and complete your coursework within a single billing cycle. With our support, you can make the most of your nursing education and confidently embark on a successful career. Ready to Succeed? Don’t let the challenges of NURS FPX 4050 assessments hold you back. Contact us today and take the first step toward mastering your nursing assessments with confidence and efficiency. Our expert tutors are here to support you every step of the way!
    • Master NURS FPX 4900 Assessments with Our Professional Online Tutoring! What You Need to Know About NURS FPX 4900 Assessments NURS FPX 4900 Assessments are essential milestones in your nursing education, designed to ensure you have a thorough understanding of key healthcare concepts and can apply them effectively in practice. From perfecting patient care strategies to navigating complex medical scenarios, each assessment—whether it’s NURS FPX 4900 Assessment 1 or Assessment 3 focused on Ethical Principles—gives you the chance to showcase your knowledge and abilities. Why Choose Our Nursing Assessment Support? Our team of expert tutors is well-versed in the details of these assessments and is committed to making your learning experience as smooth as possible. Whether you’re working through foundational topics in Assessment 1 or facing ethical challenges in NURS FPX 4900 Assessment 3, we’re here to offer the guidance and support you need to succeed. Our tutors not only excel in nursing but are also knowledgeable about the specific expectations and standards of each assessment, ensuring that you receive customized assistance tailored to your needs. Customized Learning Support Just for You We recognize that every student has unique learning styles and preferences. That’s why our tutors take a personalized approach, adapting their teaching methods and materials to meet your individual learning needs. Whether you benefit more from visual aids, interactive activities, or personalized discussions, we adjust our support to help you understand the material fully. Whether you’re exploring ethical principles in NURS FPX 4900 Assessment 4 or refining your clinical skills, our tutors are dedicated to helping you succeed. Experienced Tutors at Your Service Our tutors bring a wealth of knowledge in nursing and are adept at guiding students through the complexities of NURS FPX 4900 Assessments. Whether you’re having difficulty with medical terminology, analyzing patient data, or applying ethical frameworks, our tutors are here to help you every step of the way. With their expertise, you can tackle each assessment with confidence, knowing you have the support needed to excel. Streamlined Path to Success We understand that time is of the essence when it comes to completing your nursing program. That’s why we focus on helping you navigate through NURS FPX 4900 Assessments 2 and 3 efficiently. By providing focused support and resources, we help you complete your BSN or MSN program within a single billing cycle, enabling you to achieve your academic goals faster. Accelerate Your RN to BSN or MSN Progression Our strategic, targeted approach to learning is designed to maximize efficiency without compromising quality, allowing you to fast-track your journey from RN to BSN or RN to MSN. Our tutors are dedicated to helping you reach your academic and professional milestones as quickly as possible, ensuring you’re well-prepared for a successful nursing career. Maximizing Your Educational Value At Nurs Assessment, we appreciate the importance of your time and investment. That’s why we’re committed to delivering high-quality, efficient tutoring services that empower you to excel in your NURS FPX 4900 Assessments and complete your coursework within a single billing cycle. With our support, you can get the most out of your nursing education and move forward with confidence toward a rewarding career. Ready to Excel? Don’t let the challenges of NURS FPX 4900 Assessments slow you down. Contact us today and take the first step toward mastering your nursing assessments with confidence and ease. Our expert tutors are here to support you every step of the way!
    • I like the prefixes idea over subforums too. I'm trying to find out when the next version of Invision is due to drop because apparently they've done a lot of work to tags and prefixes.