SAU Community

Replacement clutch recommendation for an R32 GTR

On 6/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, GTSBoy said:

Why are you hesitant? Have you heard the bad things about their clutches?

'Twere me, I'd just do what I actually did do, which is buy a suitable upgrade clutch from ACS/Xtreme. There are other Ozzie options too.

Hesitant because of the price (its very well priced). I haven't heard anything bad about them, but I just wanted to ask you all since it was recommended here and you've had these cars around way longer.

I have seen ACS/Xtreme and that was another company I was leaning towards. Their price is about what I've seen other clutches priced at. 

On 01/07/2022 at 9:32 AM, Jjtxaz24 said:

What's the price with shipping to 40121?

I dunno, make me an offer I can't refuse. It's this one for $850 from Golebys, they use Exedy covers and pressure plate.

https://www.golebysparts.com.au/collections/npc-performance-clutches/products/rb20-rb25-rb26-npc-heavy-duty-button-push-style-clutch-kit

Edit hang on, are you in the US ? Thought it was a Brisbane postcode, but now that looks like Fort Knox. I can still do it but a clutch to the US will be about $100 - $150. I'll send you a PM

Mantic are totally legit, they are a performance sub brand of one of the big Australian manufacturers (clutch industries perhaps? I can't remember). I've also found them good for questions if you have any

Why pay GTR tax if you don't need to? 

On 7/4/2022 at 10:47 PM, Duncan said:

Mantic are totally legit, they are a performance sub brand of one of the big Australian manufacturers (clutch industries perhaps? I can't remember). I've also found them good for questions if you have any

Why pay GTR tax if you don't need to? 

Awesome. Thank you Duncan. I'll be ordering from them. They got some good prices. 

Edit: Went ahead and ordered their stage 2, gonna need the rest of the "while I'm in there parts" free shipping so thats a plus. 

Edited by Jjtxaz24

• 1 year later...
On 25/11/2020 at 10:53 AM, BK said:

Ok, by now everyone knows I am an avid ATS advocate and consider them to be the absolute best clutch on the market bar none. So at that power level, if you had say an ATS spec 1 carbon triple rated at 1400hp you would likely never need to replace the clutch again - ever. I have them in both my 32 and 33 and the way they are progressive is on another level compared to any ceramic or metallic based clutch. Only downside is price, they are off their head expensive now at around $5k, but you do get what you pay for.

If budget is a concern at around the $2.5k mark Xtreme now make their own carbon twin, and is probably what I would get if an ATS is too much of a stretch.

Have U ever tried the uniclutch I have heard great things about them and was wondering if anyone had personal experience with them on a 650+awhp car

20 hours ago, [SKYHI] said:

Have U ever tried the uniclutch I have heard great things about them and was wondering if anyone had personal experience with them on a 650+awhp car

I don’t think they’re rated to hold that power 

I was looking into the uniclutch, as something that doesn't rattle, dampens and holds horsepower is the dream.

They didn't seem super confident on the power holding though.  Could just be covering themselves, which is understandable.

"The 10in sport Uniclutch can handle a peak of 1100Nm at the flywheel, not sure how that translates to HP.

As for the power output of your engine, I would suggest holding for the UniClutch Track, I feel the 1000HP will have a higher torque rating then what the Sport will be able to handle, We have fitted prototype track clutches to a number of street/track test vehicles now and have found pedal effort to be reasonable. It is very similar to OE pedal feel. and would fall within the torque capacity of the Uniclutch Track."

The track clutch loses the dampening and rattles(?) I believe though.... don't quote me :)

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I’ve just installed a Uniclutch sport into my R32. I’ve been blown away by it… it drives like a stock Toyota Corolla. It doesn’t make sense to me that a performance clutch can drive this well.

I was about to pull the trigger on a Nismo Coppermix twin plate when I discovered the Uniclutch and decided to give that a shot instead. They’ve changed the game and I couldn’t be happier. 

I was previously using an Extreme cushioned button clutch with lightened flywheel. I’m still using the same lightened flywheel with the Uniclutch.

Edited by Ryno
  • Like 1