SAU Community

I have no idea what to do

Defiance772

On 12/27/2020 at 2:57 AM, niZmO_Man said:

Why not get a 350Z Track?

This is one of those cars I would go wow look at that. Just really appreciate someone else owning it but never want it myself. U know?

On 12/30/2020 at 7:59 AM, LiteraCola said:

I'm sorry; I'm still hung up on the fact that this guy is, "stuck with a G Wagon and an E63". You poor thing.

Yes Ik I have the worst cars ever I can’t believe it. 

The E63 purchase didn’t happen sadly. That one just wasn’t the one to get. I do have a Ferrari tho so we have to change it to I’m stuck with a g wagon and a Ferrari for now sadly. 

I have been getting some serious harassment from my fam and really anyone I talk to bout gettin a car that isn’t on this site. They think I should “get something practical” because “everyone always crashes their first car” and the only difference between me and them is “ur car will disintegrate because u will b going to fast with that car”. Nobody seems to understand I don’t need a daily and I want something to drive around in sometimes and go to car shows or on cruises and just b proud of myself for gettin that car. 

Since I’m going in this new direction what cheap garbage cars would u guys recommend? Jokes r welcome as long as a real suggestion is clearly stated as well. If the car breaks down I don’t care cause if I waste some money on a car that breaks down I feel like it will always b a big I told u so moment that I can use. At the same time I don’t want the car to b a complete embarrassment so don’t suggest an ugly car that’s embarrassing to have in the driveway. Thx for all ur help guys

Also I just dropped 6k on a computer in October. It’s a custom one. This was used as an example of how I make stupid purchases. I have been asked a few times how I’m so cheap but then want to buy cars and computers that r so much money. Well what’s the point in being cheap if u don’t go expensive on some things? Food only lasts u those few minutes u spend eating it. A boat only makes u happy the day u buy it and the day u sell it. Paying for a bunch of tv streaming services sounds cheap but they all add up in the end and there’s always one u don’t watch. A haircut can only look so good and for a guys trim shouldn’t cost more than $20 realistically. People spend money on these things all the time. I like to spend money on things that can last longer and make me happier. For example a car. Yes I could easily drop thousands into it but it feels so much more worth it than buying a $50 steak or getting a $45 haircut every week. The car will always make me smile and go “I can’t believe I own that”. Other people spend lots of money on stuff they forgot about 5 seconds after they were done with it. If anyone can relate to any of this let me know 

I can tell you’re no stranger to the jokes and I feel like its a set up with that Ferrari comment so I’ll save us the jokes. Listen to your family, the Skyline is not a rocket ship without a considerable amount of money dropped into it (I know you have a family who supports it). But really, why would you want an old car with no airbags and unpredictability? Do you plan on this car being your identity? I personally think this is one of those scenarios you should look at as Right Car wrong Place and time. Get a Buick Encore with apple car play and live life. Or take yours Dads bank info, man up and buy the car. Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

If i was in the US and looking at a daily, I would totally buy a Red 99-04 SVT Lightning.

Would blast Life Ain't a Game by Ja Rule with the windows down and go grab car parts with all my mates and stack the boxes high on the roof.

I would buy a burnt out targa supra and then build it using a motec exhaust system.... life would be grand, unless there was danger to the manifold.

But seriously... i would buy an SVT Lightning or a Raptor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2020 at 6:12 PM, UWISSH! said:

In 2005 I paid 16k for a r33 gtst, same one now in Australia 30k+
in 2007 I paid 34k for my r33gtr. Cheapest in Australia atm is 85k dead stock

no way in hell would I pay that for one today. They are not worth it at all. 

On 12/26/2020 at 7:34 PM, admS15 said:

In 2015 i paid 10k for my 33 gtst and at the time that was a lot for one. The fact that people are paying in excess of 25-30k for them now makes me giggle. 

You know, while I should be happy about the value of my car going up (way up!) I use mine as a street/drift car, and I've always had a mental limit of $10k for cars I take on the track (incase I bend it). I kinda have second thoughts thrashing the ring out of it now!

Oh and to the OP, like others have said, double the purchase price of the car, that's what the true cost will be.

3 minutes ago, CEF33Y said:

You know, while I should be happy about the value of my car going up (way up!) I use mine as a street/drift car, and I've always had a mental limit of $10k for cars I take on the track (incase I bend it). I kinda have second thoughts thrashing the ring out of it now!

Oh and to the OP, like others have said, double the purchase price of the car, that's what the true cost will be.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I purchased the 33 as an I don't care car after binning an s15 at the track. Been thinking of cashing in and starting again. Problem is, anything semi capable as a track car is not cheap either, currently. It's kind of a good problem really. Settled on keeping the 33 and looking after it for now.

Just now, admS15 said:

This is exactly how I feel about it. I purchased the 33 as an I don't care car after binning an s15 at the track. Been thinking of cashing in and starting again. Problem is, anything semi capable as a track car is not cheap either, currently. It's kind of a good problem really. Settled on keeping the 33 and looking after it for now.

Well yeah, that's right, there are not many "cheaper" options. Most things across the board have gone up. Just means if I bend it in half I'll cry alot, not a little :)

Just now, CEF33Y said:

Well yeah, that's right, there are not many "cheaper" options. Most things across the board have gone up. Just means if I bend it in half I'll cry alot, not a little :)

Yep, we're all in the same boat, literally. Lol

• Haha 1

Buy a 2009 Audi rs6, 5l v10 twin turbos awd 426kw.

sure u could up the power some, comfy cruiser with enough grunt to put a smile on your face. De badge it and no one would suspect a thing if u wana give them a run

34 minutes ago, UWISSH! said:

Buy a 2009 Audi rs6, 5l v10 twin turbos awd 426kw.

sure u could up the power some, comfy cruiser with enough grunt to put a smile on your face. De badge it and no one would suspect a thing if u wana give them a run

Until the plastic timing chain guides break :P

53 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

Until the plastic timing chain guides break :P

Then you can pull it all apart and start upgrading.

this is a drop in the ocean compared to the 1000hp car with sequential box he was planning to build until his dad clipped him over ear 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, UWISSH! said:

Then you can pull it all apart and start upgrading.

this is a drop in the ocean compared to the 1000hp car with sequential box he was planning to build until his dad clipped him over ear 

Yeah I know. Back when I first got my car, complete RB26DETT engine were selling for $3k-4k. Now, I get worried when I start the car and it makes lifter noises :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven’t been on here much. I appreciate all the suggestions and advice. I think I’m goin to get a Honda beat. Seems like the complete opposite of the fast high horsepower car I want but it’s lightweight and it’s cheap. I was thinking maybe I can remove the “trunk” and get a slightly bigger engine for it. 

if we didn’t have these stupid import laws I definitely would b getting a S660 and putting the liberty walk kit on it but that’s 20 years away I think. 

hopefully I get a car before the spring so I can bring it to my car show when that starts. If not the g wagon and the Ferrari will b going when really I should have a skyline there. I guess it’s time to move on from that. 

U guys think skylines will b way more money in 30 years? I think they will skyrocket. When these cars turn 50 I bet it’s hundreds of thousands to get one. R34 gtr is already easily over 100k all over the internet some special editions being half a million. If a normal r32 gets that high then I will b crushed but I really feel like it will happen

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 6:44 AM, Defiance772 said:

Sorry I haven’t been on here much. I appreciate all the suggestions and advice. I think I’m goin to get a Honda beat. Seems like the complete opposite of the fast high horsepower car I want but it’s lightweight and it’s cheap. I was thinking maybe I can remove the “trunk” and get a slightly bigger engine for it. 

if we didn’t have these stupid import laws I definitely would b getting a S660 and putting the liberty walk kit on it but that’s 20 years away I think. 

hopefully I get a car before the spring so I can bring it to my car show when that starts. If not the g wagon and the Ferrari will b going when really I should have a skyline there. I guess it’s time to move on from that. 

U guys think skylines will b way more money in 30 years? I think they will skyrocket. When these cars turn 50 I bet it’s hundreds of thousands to get one. R34 gtr is already easily over 100k all over the internet some special editions being half a million. If a normal r32 gets that high then I will b crushed but I really feel like it will happen

so you've gone from Ferrari's and AMG's to a Honda Beat, i've just googled one and been sick in my mouth.

19 hours ago, DaymoR32 said:

so you've gone from Ferrari's and AMG's to a Honda Beat, i've just googled one and been sick in my mouth.

Well I still have the Ferrari but the beat is cool. Not everyone likes the look but I do. Also the car has a tiny engine but it’s also cause of the law and it’s a tiny car so it tries to go. I was thinking of an engine swap tho

51 minutes ago, Defiance772 said:

Well I still have the Ferrari but the beat is cool. Not everyone likes the look but I do. Also the car has a tiny engine but it’s also cause of the law and it’s a tiny car so it tries to go. I was thinking of an engine swap tho

It's your dads Ferrari though isn't it?

• Haha 1