SAU Community

Who has a Infiniti Q60, Q50 (V37)?

On 6/12/2024 at 2:01 PM, Pac said:

Guys , just picked up 400R today , still getting used to setup ,I might be looking at maybe getting a exhaust upgrade in the next 6 months , any advise for a shop in Sydney?

Photo 14-5-2024, 9 59 17 AM.jpg

Photo 14-5-2024, 9 59 48 AM.jpg

I bought mine from Concept Z

https://conceptzperformance.com/hks-stainless-steel-catback-exhaust-system-full-dual-muffler-infiniti-q60-coupe-17-cv37-awd-rwd-31014-kn001_p_32626.php

Put it on myself. Very easy jack stands.

But if i was going to do it again i would get something like this 

https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan-infiniti-infiniti-sport-exhaust-kit-axle-back-exhaust-system-infiniti-q60-17-coupe-cv37-b0100-q60st_p_30289.php

Or just straight pipe it the whole way. I drove the car without an exhaust for shits and giggle when i was swapping it and it's not very loud at all. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Duncan said:

Nissan Oz are too busy trying to decide whether we need a Qashqai or Xtrail (whatever the difference is), really not a new issue. At least we can import cars they decided not to directly, at much better value.

BTW can I confirm ADM Q50 all have no spare tyre (just goop)? Is that the same in JDM skyline? I'm going to need to sort something, I can't do billions of highway klm without a spare

Mate my JDM model has run flats so no spare or goop.

4 hours ago, V35_Paul said:

I bought mine from Concept Z

https://conceptzperformance.com/hks-stainless-steel-catback-exhaust-system-full-dual-muffler-infiniti-q60-coupe-17-cv37-awd-rwd-31014-kn001_p_32626.php

Put it on myself. Very easy jack stands.

But if i was going to do it again i would get something like this 

https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan-infiniti-infiniti-sport-exhaust-kit-axle-back-exhaust-system-infiniti-q60-17-coupe-cv37-b0100-q60st_p_30289.php

Or just straight pipe it the whole way. I drove the car without an exhaust for shits and giggle when i was swapping it and it's not very loud at all. 

Thanks , I'll look into those .

Hi All,

Collected my HV37 during the week!!

Good to be back after 6 years in Toyota 206 land...

• Like 1

i looked at a HKS Exhaust for my 400R and the pricing was out of this world like to get it posted from the US is crazy.

it was more then $2000 postage and i understand its a heavy item but thats just a cat back like $5000 for a cat back exhaust to my door imo is crazy.

There was a  performance shop offering me a similar exhaust for $8k sure they just got it posted to and trying to make some extra cash though they said labor costs of installing but yer cat back and im paying $3k labor yerr nah.

I remember i got a custom exhaust made for my TX3 back in the day from Hitech Mufflers on Parramatta Rd just wondering if i could get one these days for under $5k for my VR37?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nickcorr said:

Hi All,

Collected my HV37 during the week!!

Good to be back after 6 years in Toyota 206 land...

Congrats on the upgrade :)

4 hours ago, HYBRID VL said:

i looked at a HKS Exhaust for my 400R and the pricing was out of this world like to get it posted from the US is crazy.

it was more then $2000 postage and i understand its a heavy item but thats just a cat back like $5000 for a cat back exhaust to my door imo is crazy.

There was a  performance shop offering me a similar exhaust for $8k sure they just got it posted to and trying to make some extra cash though they said labor costs of installing but yer cat back and im paying $3k labor yerr nah.

I remember i got a custom exhaust made for my TX3 back in the day from Hitech Mufflers on Parramatta Rd just wondering if i could get one these days for under $5k for my VR37?

For sure, just give someone like Castle Hill Exhaust a call. I was just looking today, the factory system is twin 45mm so I'm pretty sure there is gains to be made

• Haha 1

Definitely shop around to get a custom exhaust made up. Those prices seem ridiculous.

If you're dead set on a JDM item, might be worth asking Jesse Streeter (or similar) to bring in a Japanese cat back.

Yer i was talking to someone about the dump pipes and he told me the VR30DDTT dump pipes arent like regular turbo dump pipes.

apparently they are mated to the turbo itself?

but he also stated i would not need to change them unless trying for over 600hp plus my injectors would have to be change anyway as they are limited to 500hp but he insisted that i can make 500hp with no modifications just a tune.

this is just what i have been told by a performance shop which i wont name but i still want an exhaust as i think the tips of the V37 Skyline looks dog shit so a cat back at a minium with nice tips.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Looked at ConceptZ HKS exhaust i just find $1000 shipping sounds crazy.

and that was USD so $4400+ after AUD conversion thats the exhaust and shipping.

just seems crazy is there anyone else in Aus that sells any of these exhausts?image.thumb.png.ad3285339cec56c596fcc7691a32b00a.pngwhat about these will they fit they say up to 2016 though mines a 2020 just wondering if they will fit?

Edited by HYBRID VL

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, HYBRID VL said:

just seems crazy is there anyone else in Aus that sells any of these exhausts?image.thumb.png.ad3285339cec56c596fcc7691a32b00a.pngwhat about these will they fit they say up to 2016 though mines a 2020 just wondering if they will fit?

could probs ask one of the muffler shops to fabricate one

Edited by YouTRIPPIN?
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 11:18 AM, HYBRID VL said:

Hangers will be in a different spot and the distance and angle from where they join will be different.

But you could show an exhaust shop those pics and say you want something like it, probably cheaper to make it like that too.  

or if you want a real cheap DIY mod that can you can try and see it it works for you.

Exhaust Washer Mods | AnandTech Forums: Technology, Hardware, Software, and  Dealswasher exhaust mod.

Just get a little more sound out of your stock exhaust

hahaha i was actually thinking about doing something like that washer mod lol.

but i gotta be honest the tips on the 400R also look dog shit its a shame they used the same tips on the 400Z lol.

so is the 2020 VR37 exhaust the same as a 4door Q50?or Q60 as i have messaged a few shops and they have no idea.

1 told me the q50 is up to 2022 and im like look its a 2020 Nissan Skyline 400R and then they proceeded to tell me that its an R33 exhaust i needed and im like nah its not its not.

apparently 1 has a cross pipe section and 1 dont?

I dont understand why getting a f**kin exhaust made or bought for this car is so hard lol.

and yes the hangers are in different spots for the mufflers for the 2016 models.

I don't know for sure, but I expect the recent model V37 400R (or RV37) is pretty much identical to the recent model Q50 RedSport with the differences being cosmetic. (and ignoring the fact the new model Q50 RS is LHD only)

Edited by sonicii

17 hours ago, HYBRID VL said:

so is the 2020 VR37 exhaust the same as a 4door Q50?or Q60 as i have messaged a few shops and they have no idea.

1 told me the q50 is up to 2022 and im like look its a 2020 Nissan Skyline 400R and then they proceeded to tell me that its an R33 exhaust i needed and im like nah its not its not.

apparently 1 has a cross pipe section and 1 dont?

I dont understand why getting a f**kin exhaust made or bought for this car is so hard lol.

and yes the hangers are in different spots for the mufflers for the 2016 models.

My 2016 Q50 does have a crossover, and it is a twin 45mm (out diameter) system, so not exactly free flowing.

image.jpeg

Just take the car to Castle Hill Exhaust (or any other decent performance exhaust shop) and get it on a hoist for them to check out, based on power targets they will make something custom for you.

• Like 1