SAU Community

R32 GTST - 600KW+ RB28/CD009 Build

3 hours ago, TurboTapin said:

That's unfortunately not an option due to the short length I need (~50mm). I've always ran submersible rubber hose without any issues. It is also what is in there from factory. Thanks for the tip though!

I feel like it's something in the fuel, 10 years ago we never had an issue but now everything rubber seems to fail quickly whether it's E85 or 98.

You can use a longer section and just put a loop in it, looks a bit ghetto but doesn't swell up.

500kw should be pretty exciting on the street.

1 hour ago, MBS206 said:

It's not even really flywheel power.

They might assume it and state a flywheel power, but really, hub dynos are measuring it at the hub.

Reality of hub vs roller, is the change in inertia, as wheel is gone, and as you said, removing a slip from tyre to roller.

Anyone measuring power at the wheel hub, can not claim flywheel power, as we don't know what the losses are in the drive line, especially on cars that aren't brand new.

Yuh, which is why I said it is "flywheel minus drivetrain losses", which is essentially exactly what it is. Presuming you might lose up to 10% (for real) in the drivetrain, you get somewhat closer to flywheel power with a hub dyno than what you measure on roller when you are losing that same drivetrain loss PLUS the somewhat larger tyre-roller loss.

Inertia can be discounted when measuring steady state, which remains an option with either type (unless stupid US inertia roller type, which should never have existed).

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I've been busy doing a lot of little things on the car. I had purchased one of every ball joint, tie rod, etc. for the front to replace everything when I first purchased the car 6 or so years ago.

Whatever I hadn't replaced at the time, I decided to do now even if some of the parts still looked fairly good. That came out to the right side kingpin bearings, both tie rod ends and left side lower control arm ball joint. Did another oil change and sent off a sample as well.

I've been working on setting up another VSS. The Haltech GPS has been sucking away my soul. The delay is unbearable. I ended up popping off the rear stub ABS rings off some GTR stubs I had laying around and installing those on my stubs. I had to grind every other tooth off so that it met sensor specs (10mm gap between teeth). I made a small bracket that attached it to a diff bolt. I just have to wire it in this week. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9036c9d217d9ed0ee0024a57d80c7d8c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.30e7f0593b6677ce432d734fdf6c54d7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8a128821e97dc0adf1695dac41cc1586.jpeg

It was also the first time I've ever pulled off a shrink fit with only a propane torch. Slipped right on with gravity. It's thin enough to get rather toasty.

image.thumb.jpeg.faaf46f3edecd536bff83796d23244f8.jpeg

As for why I haven't wired it in yet, I've been waiting for the IC7 firmware update that allows it to be used as I/O. I'm going to toss my I/O Expander and wire it into the IC7... I wanted to get it all done at the same time. Update came out, unfortunately it's rather buggy. I had to turn off I/O Expansion as I kept losing my Canbus connection on the IC7 with it on. I've never really been impressed with Haltechs firmware support as every version always breaks something, but it seems to have gotten worst over the last few months. 

Oh yea and still nothing from Speedtek...

Edited by TurboTapin
  • Like 3