SAU Community

R32 GTST - 600KW+ RB28/CD009 Build

3 hours ago, TurboTapin said:

That's unfortunately not an option due to the short length I need (~50mm). I've always ran submersible rubber hose without any issues. It is also what is in there from factory. Thanks for the tip though!

I feel like it's something in the fuel, 10 years ago we never had an issue but now everything rubber seems to fail quickly whether it's E85 or 98.

You can use a longer section and just put a loop in it, looks a bit ghetto but doesn't swell up.

500kw should be pretty exciting on the street.

1 hour ago, MBS206 said:

It's not even really flywheel power.

They might assume it and state a flywheel power, but really, hub dynos are measuring it at the hub.

Reality of hub vs roller, is the change in inertia, as wheel is gone, and as you said, removing a slip from tyre to roller.

Anyone measuring power at the wheel hub, can not claim flywheel power, as we don't know what the losses are in the drive line, especially on cars that aren't brand new.

Yuh, which is why I said it is "flywheel minus drivetrain losses", which is essentially exactly what it is. Presuming you might lose up to 10% (for real) in the drivetrain, you get somewhat closer to flywheel power with a hub dyno than what you measure on roller when you are losing that same drivetrain loss PLUS the somewhat larger tyre-roller loss.

Inertia can be discounted when measuring steady state, which remains an option with either type (unless stupid US inertia roller type, which should never have existed).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Welcome @DraftySquash! If you open an image in Dropbox, just right click it and 'copy image' - you can then just paste into the editor here. I have fixed your images but the auction pics just linked to the same pic twice. With the engine temp, are you saying you've only ever seen the car at temperature? I think if its sitting idle and the temp is in the middle, it sounds ok. Just keep an eye on it if you're worried and see what happens in traffic as thats the real test. @Murray_Calavera we've been in this new house almost 3 years and I haven't gotten the garage cleaned up but as soon as its tidy in there a Quickjack is my first purchase! Especially with how often I have to lift the BMWs! 😭
    • Yeah but I found that using the controller wheel tilt thing was just as bad as the stick in terms of graduating inputs. I need that force feedback.  I'm super keen to get some LC pedals. I'm not about setting up some crazy rig, my setup now is very budget but even at this level I'm enjoying it so much more. The new Thrustmaster (could be the worst company name in history) entry level LC pedals come in around $350 I think which is doable.  Pedal control is my 100% focus for improvement in GT7 and ACC. When you get it right (or at least not wrong) there are significant gains to be had.
    • Its not always like this! 🤣
    • Block is complete. HKS 2.8 step 2 with the BCD pistons. Next is the head. Step 2 V-cam with the full Monty 😂 
    • GT7 has an option to use the controller itself like a wheel (i.e tilting it to turn). I have a wheel (an old G25) which I upgraded with Load Cell pedals as a mod. I can't use a controller to save my life and am convinced all sticks are a joke and consoles are toys. People love them, and they and DD wheels are what you 'need' if you want to close that remaining 0.5% of laptime to the professionals consistently. They just communicate more and you need this to be able to differentiate being 4% brake pedal force while trail braking or bleeding from 4%, to 3%, to 2%, as you feed in steering, or if you are comparing telemetry and notice you come off the brake too fast, where "too fast" is percentages of a percent across a timeframe of 0.1 seconds in one braking zone, for example. Having a really heavy LC pedal means your LEG input is 'less sensitive' which means it's easier to be more precise, as far as the sim is concerned. Similar to being more precise in shooters with lower mouse sensitivity. Your "Error" in your hands and feet translates to less "error" in the game. Anyway my mate was very sad when I realised I could tilt the controller to approximate a wheel and use throttle and braking on the sticks, and then it was he who was tilted