SAU Community

red sticker

tonight i was riding with my mate, r33 with blue neons.

you cant see the tubes at all only the globes, and the cops

threatened him with a red sticker if they saw them on his car again

and im like wtf??

also if you get a yellow with like 30min on your car, is there anything you can do to extend your time like call the Dept of Trans and tell them to cancel your plates and have your car towed until you can relicence it?

red sticker used to be, car cant be drivin it is to unsafe to drive or be on the road

but they got rid of the red sticker and is only a yellow sticker now

instead of red sticker they will just give u a yellow sticker with no time :)

Thats what i was told ne way

A red defect, as opposed to then standard yellow, means that you cant drive the car at all until its cleared. This is in NSW anyway.

With a yellow you can drive the car home & also to get it cleared. With a red its a tow home from where you were pulled over & also a tow to get it cleared.

A mate of mine recently copped a red defect for having an RB20DET & R33 brakes on his S13 without an engineers certificate.

if you cant see the tubes at all from another car then they are perfectly legal. they cant give you a "red sticker" because they dont exist anymore. in that situation i would suggest saying give me a yellow sticker if that is what you think is necessary and then file a complaint when you take it to the pits. often the pit inspectors (in perth anyway) will help you because they get shitty having to waste time on cars with stupid yellow stickers.