SAU Community

ECU crossover(?)

TheKenso

Hi.

I have been trying to figure out what wcu's that cross over the same harnes, but whatevwr i google i don't realy get a good answer.

I have truble with my rb25det s2 4wd auto car, and want to try to use a Manual ecu in it to se if it migth help with the problems im having, problem is that i have no idea what ecu that wil work with the engien.

And yes i do know that the gearbox wont shift on its own if i put a manual ecu in it, 

A manual Stagea won’t work properly as it will need to be from a NEO or an RB26. You could possibly use an R33 gtst ecu auto or manual. Either way AWD won’t work. But the auto one might work the gearbox. What issues are you trying to fix?

6 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

There's no commonality between 25Neo and 26 ECUs, so it won't want to be from a 26.

I have problems with the igniton timing and have had that for about 1-2 years, tryed to adjust multiple times, it showes as "corekt" and then it isent, car is slugish, slow, backfires, cherry red turbo after 10min drive.
Changed plugs, coils, maf, fule pump, fule filter, have alsow tried a different Oem ecu with no luck, had a sugestion to try a manual ecu and shift it myself to se if that would solve the problem.
Would go for a aftermarket ecu but nothing suports s2 auto

1 hour ago, TheKenso said:

I have problems with the igniton timing and have had that for about 1-2 years, tryed to adjust multiple times, it showes as "corekt" and then it isent, car is slugish, slow, backfires, cherry red turbo after 10min drive.
Changed plugs, coils, maf, fule pump, fule filter, have alsow tried a different Oem ecu with no luck, had a sugestion to try a manual ecu and shift it myself to se if that would solve the problem.
Would go for a aftermarket ecu but nothing suports s2 auto

Is it a series 2 rb25 or a series 2 Stagea?

Also if another ecu had the same issue that says the ecu is fine.

The suggestion to use a manual ecu and shift yourself is laughable. It won't work. It will stay in 3rd gear.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RBW49N said:

If you haven’t changed the CAS it could be that but it sounds like cam timing and as Ben says if the ecu has been changed it means it probably not the ecu

Cas has alsow been changed back and forth, timing belt have alsow been cheked a few times

Series 1 Stagea with a rb25det S2, or a s1.5 not sure, its a 1997 model and know ther was some stuff around there, do not have ign moduel on the coils.

40 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Also if another ecu had the same issue that says the ecu is fine.

The suggestion to use a manual ecu and shift yourself is laughable. It won't work. It will stay in 3rd gear.

have been chasing gremlins for about 2 years, at some point you have to try wird shit, a friend told me it could work, not that it would work, and should be abel to manualy change, i dont know before i have tryed, but if you say it wont work, sure

On 11/27/2022 at 10:59 AM, TheKenso said:

Cas has alsow been changed back and forth, timing belt have alsow been cheked a few times

Series 1 Stagea with a rb25det S2, or a s1.5 not sure, its a 1997 model and know ther was some stuff around there, do not have ign moduel on the coils.

have been chasing gremlins for about 2 years, at some point you have to try wird shit, a friend told me it could work, not that it would work, and should be abel to manualy change, i dont know before i have tryed, but if you say it wont work, sure

How are you checking/ setting ignition  timing? There are a few ways to get it wrong that I can think of .

1 minute ago, Ben C34 said:

How are you checking/ setting ignition  timing? There are a few ways to get it wrong that I can think of .

Purple plug on idle switch and tps disconekted, 600rpm

Have a ignition wire betern coil and plug  to get most acuret reading

15° btdc = 4 mark, 1st is 0

Car is alsow stock exept for exhaust and a K&n open air filter