SAU Community

Is it bad when you haven't driven your Skyline for so long that . . . .

PLYNX

It hasn’t run for over 2yrs now and I’ve kept it registered the whole time just because I don’t want to go through the drama of trying to get a blue slip

my hard deadline is all Japan day 

• Like 3

Oh those hoses under the manifold are spectacular to change !

Changed out the heater hoses on the drivers side thinking they were cactus . . but its still leaking.

Made up a bass T piece with hose barbs and soldered in a car valve extension, plumbed it into the throttle body coolant line, filled up the cooling system, put on a tyre compressor and pressurised it and . . . . found the leak !

Its the short 2 inch piece of hose that comes out of the block . . . . above the started motor . . . . so you cant get to it from above . . . soooooo . . . its out with the started motor . . . again . . . . to access it from underneath . . . . went and got a piece of 19mm ID hose that will take about 20 billion pounds of pressure cause I aint doing this again

9 hours ago, PLYNX said:

Oh those hoses under the manifold are spectacular to change !

Changed out the heater hoses on the drivers side thinking they were cactus . . but its still leaking.

Made up a bass T piece with hose barbs and soldered in a car valve extension, plumbed it into the throttle body coolant line, filled up the cooling system, put on a tyre compressor and pressurised it and . . . . found the leak !

Its the short 2 inch piece of hose that comes out of the block . . . . above the started motor . . . . so you cant get to it from above . . . soooooo . . . its out with the started motor . . . again . . . . to access it from underneath . . . . went and got a piece of 19mm ID hose that will take about 20 billion pounds of pressure cause I aint doing this again

Hahahaha. I'm sorry for laughing but exact same thing happened to mine about 6 months ago what a prick of a job that was. I wish you all the best. :1_grinning: