SAU Community

My BMW 335i

PranK

On 24/06/2024 at 3:30 PM, PranK said:

I do have a tiny tiny misfire occasionally but I think it's because I got a little fuel down into a plug tube so I'll pull the coils out and see if I can dry those out. 

I haven't done anything here, I'm assuming whatever liquid was in the tubes has just dried out with driving as its back to a beautifully smooth idle again. Might have been a little bit of water as some got into the bay when I was putting the new cover on. I was working in the driveway during some pretty wet weather which wasn't ideal.

• Like 2

Ok, so the stupid new headlight is in default BMW "blind all the eyes" mode, pointing far too high. Screwing the adjustment screw did nothing, so I pulled the screw out (all the teeth on the plastic cog were broken) and I can just manually push the adjuster forward or backwards, which "fixed" it, but now I have no adaptive control. 😒

I might pull the adjuster screw out of the old headlight and see if replacing that will help.

3 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

I dunno man it seems pretty much always like this.

I know, but I'm banking on just enjoying it soon once I've fixed things. I want to get some upgrades done soon rather than repairs.

I'm relying on my experience with the 330i that once you get to everything that previous owners neglected it can just be a reliable tracked street car. 

Going to do rear wheel bearings and rear subframe poly bushes next. 

I have Whiteline subframe inserts (they're supposed to take up the empty space in the bushings) but its still too soft. I did consider going solid aluminium subframe bushes but they can cause stress cracks in the body and the subframe so I'll just go with the black poly bushes instead. The car is super squirmy when giving it a bit.