SAU Community

GTST R32 M SPEC - What front lip is this?

Hi all!

I've been searching high and low trying to figure out what front lip this is. From my research so far, I've found that the lip could potentially be from a Honda Integra (DC2 or earlier) but cannot find anything that looks to be the same. I'm wanting to achieve the same look without having to opt for a GTR front lip.

Whatever front lip it is, I think it gives the perfect OEM+ look with the M-Spec skirts and rear.

Any thoughts would help! Trying to figure out what it is!

IMG_0997.jpeg

It's not really a lip. It might or might not be detachable, but it is definitely "with" that front bar, which is anything but stock. So I would not expect that lip to necessarily attach to the stock bar (neither the GTSt or GTR bars).

I would also suggest that it is not Integra. Integras are not as wide as R32s.

The lip itself appears to be inspired by the standard GTR lip or some of the slightly larger aftermarket ones like Garage Saurus, just with the openings deleted. Has similar overall shape. It's like the lip opening has been moved up into the main bar, so you still have it but the lip is cleaner. I think that makes the bar probably deeper, so the lip ends up close to the road without being a massive piece of plastic in its own right. But that car is also stupidly low and stupidly stanced out, so the proximity to the road could be an illusion.

Either way - I don't think you'll likely make the lip work on its own, if you can work out what it is.

On 4/14/2023 at 12:04 PM, GTSBoy said:

It's not really a lip. It might or might not be detachable, but it is definitely "with" that front bar, which is anything but stock. So I would not expect that lip to necessarily attach to the stock bar (neither the GTSt or GTR bars).

I would also suggest that it is not Integra. Integras are not as wide as R32s.

The lip itself appears to be inspired by the standard GTR lip or some of the slightly larger aftermarket ones like Garage Saurus, just with the openings deleted. Has similar overall shape. It's like the lip opening has been moved up into the main bar, so you still have it but the lip is cleaner. I think that makes the bar probably deeper, so the lip ends up close to the road without being a massive piece of plastic in its own right. But that car is also stupidly low and stupidly stanced out, so the proximity to the road could be an illusion.

Either way - I don't think you'll likely make the lip work on its own, if you can work out what it is.

Thanks! I've got no idea regardless. Just heard from some people that it may have been an earlier gen Honda front lip that has been modified for the Type M front bumper. Still shopping around and would like to try something else other than doing a GTR front lip install.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:10 PM, FiXtUrE said:

Can you actually put a dc2 lip or a Nissan if that what it is?

vtec yo!

A80F5AB0-C8C7-4C6C-A114-1E9A6ADF6BB4.jpeg

Haha. I've just heard from word of mouth that they could be modified to fit. Have no idea if that's true but. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/28/2024 at 1:00 AM, D.phantom said:

Yes the dc2 type r lip fits the type m front bar. I have it on my type m front atm

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_2731.jpeg

Sick! This is exactly what I was looking to achieve. How'd you go about installing it? What modifications we're required?

14 minutes ago, kenjishi said:

Sick! This is exactly what I was looking to achieve. How'd you go about installing it? What modifications we're required?

This is a dc2r lip

No modifications required. Installation is fairly easy but you have to screw the middle for it to sit where you want it

https://www.ausbodyworks.com.au/products/silvia-s15-dc2r-front-bumper-lip Is the website I bought it from

Edited by D.phantom
  • Like 1