SAU Community

Is this for sale? 😋

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rezz said:

Is this for sale? 😋

zomfg @Rezz! How've you been Adam??

Haha sadly yes it's going up for sale, just tidying it up a bit and modding it ever so slightly so I can still drive it to SAU events.

Who's Adam? Hehe 😁All good mate, it's Justin.

Been good! And you?
The HCR32 is looking sweet by the way! Love the very neat Nav install.  I would love to get one but I'm at a crossroads right now and can't commit to another car. 

44 minutes ago, Rezz said:

Who's Adam? Hehe 😁All good mate, it's Justin.

Been good! And you?
The HCR32 is looking sweet by the way! Love the very neat Nav install.  I would love to get one but I'm at a crossroads right now and can't commit to another car. 

Oh sorry Justin! I was racking my brain trying to remember names, not sure why I associated “Adam” with 7tune!

I’m good, been away from Skylines for over a decade, got family and kids now. Just getting back into owning a 32 but it’s a whole different world now… tax is higher and tech is better.

18 hours ago, funkymonkey said:

Oh sorry Justin! I was racking my brain trying to remember names, not sure why I associated “Adam” with 7tune!

I’m good, been away from Skylines for over a decade, got family and kids now. Just getting back into owning a 32 but it’s a whole different world now… tax is higher and tech is better.

Same (except for the R32 bit), my son is saving for his first car which he hopes will be a Kouki V37 GT with the twin turbo 3.0L V6.... kids these days! My first car was a Renault 16 haha 😄

Sorry for the thread hijack

On 10/5/2024 at 5:09 PM, Rezz said:

Same (except for the R32 bit), my son is saving for his first car which he hopes will be a Kouki V37 GT with the twin turbo 3.0L V6.... kids these days! My first car was a Renault 16 haha 😄

Sorry for the thread hijack

No worries. Wow V37 with the VR30DTT is an amazing first car. Mine was a 80’s Mitsubishi Colt that I saved up for! Both my kids are still under 4, but the older one has started helping me while wrenching on the cars.

IMG_0737.jpeg

Didn’t think I’d ever see CarPlay in an old as hell R32!

added a few spacers to the mounting bracket to make the unit sit flush with the shroud and gap free for a factory look.

usability is good. Originally thought I’d need to move the aircon controls down and make a custom bracket, but it seems the head unit is still usable and I can reach it fine in its normal position. On ya Nissan engineers for thinking about ergonomics of a touch screen 30 years ago!

• Like 2

It looks proper factory fitted. It's exactly how I would do it. Well done 👍

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK so I just bidded $500 on an R33 GTS4 that no one seems to want. Waiting on a call from the agent to see if I won.

32 GTS4 is for sale. I can't deal with the temptation to mod it.

Just modify it, it’s your car at the end of the day 

you’ll definitely want to modify the 33 being na it’ll be slower then a wet week 

4 hours ago, r32-25t said:

Just modify it, it’s your car at the end of the day 

you’ll definitely want to modify the 33 being na it’ll be slower then a wet week 

100% I’ll hack into the 33. Strap a turbo onto the RB25DE and/or put the 25 head on a 30 block.

33 passed in cos the reserve was too high. I’ll try lowballing it again and negotiate. Aim is to have it landed and on the road for under 15k, then spend the same amount on top in mods.

4 hours ago, funkymonkey said:

100% I’ll hack into the 33. Strap a turbo onto the RB25DE and/or put the 25 head on a 30 block.

33 passed in cos the reserve was too high. I’ll try lowballing it again and negotiate. Aim is to have it landed and on the road for under 15k, then spend the same amount on top in mods.

To be Frank (always liked that name), I reckon this is a better idea. I'm an R32 man from day 1 and the really good surviving examples that are still in stock form should stay that way. Let ye conscience guide you my son 🙂

Oh and.... "no bubble on the dash" ---> immediate no mod status.

• 2 months later...
On 30/04/2023 at 12:31 AM, funkymonkey said:

Lol at the rates these parts are selling for I might have a million sitting in storage.

looking specifically for an R32 GTS-4. The poor man’s GTR. I kinda have a soft spot for them and I don’t feel bad modding them. Plus they’re about 1/4th the price of a GTR of the same vintage and kms, but go 80% as fast. There’s heaps of aftermarket GTR bits that bolt on including drop in engine swaps if I decide to go for big power.

Altho Andrew probably won’t let me into GTR Festival with one lol

Find my old R32 GTS-4 "TURB06"  I put $50K+ into it - Although a RB20 it also had RB26 possibilities as per import VIN - lost track of it 15 years ago after selling for $11K in perfect condition...  😞 😞

SAU_AGP2007_SV400022.jpg

• Like 1