SAU Community

R32 short shifter issues

I got a cube short shifter for my r32 rb20 and I tried to install it and my trans seems to be out of place when I put in the rb20 i thought it looked a bit odd but I paid no attention to it cuz I had the stock shifter. Is there a way to move the trans/engine back if I remember correctly when I was doing the swap the bolt holes seem to be just the right size so it wouldn't. In the cube shifter kit it has a that plate and it won't sit right.  I know my car manual swapped not sure if that has to do anything with it.  Not sure what cross member I have.

image.jpeg

IMG_2761.jpg

Edited by Prof_Finesser

44 minutes ago, Prof_Finesser said:

I know my car manual swapped not sure if that has to do anything with it.

And there's the reason. The shifter hole is further back in the autos.

No, there is nothing you can do to move the driveline backwards. It's not necessary. Every manual swapped R32 has the same thing. It just stresses the rubber boot a bit when you cover it all back up.

4 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

And there's the reason. The shifter hole is further back in the autos.

No, there is nothing you can do to move the driveline backwards. It's not necessary. Every manual swapped R32 has the same thing. It just stresses the rubber boot a bit when you cover it all back up.

well thx for the info gonna start cutting and make it look nice as i can

10 hours ago, Prof_Finesser said:

well thx for the info gonna start cutting and make it look nice as i can

If you want to make it look as nice as you can, find a wrecked manual.

That hole in the tunnel, is a panel, you should be able to remove the spot welds, remove the seam sealer, pop that panel out.

Take the one from the manual, and swap it over.

It will be a tedious process to get the manual one out cleanly, but its doable.

I wouldn't bother. It's all hidden under the boots anyway. I certainly only worried about for about as long as it took to verify that it all went back together without any banging and knocking and looked and worked fine.

On 5/2/2023 at 6:16 AM, GTSBoy said:

I wouldn't bother. It's all hidden under the boots anyway. I certainly only worried about for about as long as it took to verify that it all went back together without any banging and knocking and looked and worked fine.

yea im in the states so finding a wrecked one is kinda hard