SAU Community

CKV36 Exhaust Options

Currently looking into available exhaust options for the Skyline Coupes CKV36.

Was wondering what people run, as our cars aren't heavily supported in AUS.

Well aware that you can run 370Z exhausts on our car with an extension pipe but my import has the 4WAS module stuck to the back of the diff making it incompatible with most available G37/370Z exhausts (HKS, Motordyne, ARK, etc). The 370Z exhaust all bend inwards towards the back of the diff before straightening out making it incompatible. 

image.thumb.jpeg.24a3d626e7ea500f071dec3cbbeb43a4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.39ff19038d7a695a952e6a5009ac7994.jpeg

I was initially looking at Tomei for the weight savings but it hangs way too low for it to be driveable + do not want to be a police magnet. (NSW Limit 90dB -> Tomei 112dB)

image.thumb.jpeg.59933489998f936e81814ef21bd018d3.jpeg

Bit of a reach but if anyone here has a Skyline Coupe CKV36 with a 4WAS module, what exhaust setup are you running?

6 hours ago, mycarhasposessedme said:

Diff Air Scoop.mp4_snapshot_24.53_[2023.05.19_18.53.48].jpg

Diff Air Scoop.mp4_snapshot_00.00_[2023.05.19_19.00.29].jpg

Exhaust Pt2.mp4_snapshot_20.17_[2023.05.19_18.58.22].jpg

Was this custom setup done by yourself or did you go through a shop?

How much time and money do you reckon something like this would cost/take ?

Yes, all custom built by myself. no idea on the cost, was all part of a larger build. Was quite a few years ago too, so materials are probably friggin double now.

No idea of your situation, but the cheapest way imo would be to get what you want in 370z fitment & then pay someone to mod it to fit properly. Would be way cheaper than building from scratch. Decent exhaust work isn't cheap. Just make sure they're not a "Press Bends & Mig" shop.

If you decide to go full custom, following my layout may help save some dough, go to my build thread & it leads to my youtube channel. I documented the full exhaust build there.

Cheers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Duncan said:

Custom is probably quickest and cheapest for pretty much any JDM unless you stumble across some ebay junk

Noted :)

5 hours ago, mycarhasposessedme said:

Yes, all custom built by myself. no idea on the cost, was all part of a larger build. Was quite a few years ago too, so materials are probably friggin double now.

No idea of your situation, but the cheapest way imo would be to get what you want in 370z fitment & then pay someone to mod it to fit properly. Would be way cheaper than building from scratch. Decent exhaust work isn't cheap. Just make sure they're not a "Press Bends & Mig" shop.

If you decide to go full custom, following my layout may help save some dough, go to my build thread & it leads to my youtube channel. I documented the full exhaust build there.

Cheers.

The exhaust setup looks amazing!

Thanks for the information, appreciate the help :)