SAU Community

R32 GTR driveline shudder when taking off in 1st

hey guys,

have an issue with my 32 GTR

car was parked up in december to do a single turbo conversion,

did not touch the driveline or rear end and the car drove with no issues.

finished it up in april and started getting massive shudder/ tramp in 1st gear

its a nismo coppermix twin plate so should drive like stock, found the only way to avoid it is to drive it like a button clutch.

goes through all the other gears fine, is only on take off.

have since replaced diff fluids with the nissan recommended stuff, only thing i can think of is the suspension being compressed for a while on one side while i had the front passenger side jacked up; mightve seized something?

thanks

Sorry should have been clearer,

yeah it’s axle tramp, brutal axle tramp too. Entire car feels like it’s shaking apart.

Prop shaft for the awd was out too so it’s definitely coming from the back 

Could be suspension....but I wouldn't put money on it.

Likely to be tyres, from sitting still for months. Flat spot, gone hard, whatever.

I am usually tempted to just blame the stupid R32 anti-squat geometry. I've never been able to stop my shitbox from axle tramping like a flea-bitten dog on meth.

I managed to get my sedan to stop with a proper alignment.

I’ll rotate tyres and see if anything changes, it’s so weird. Only does it when taking off normally, if I drive it like a button clutch, no issues 

nothing between the gears either, it’s like butter 

I’ve checked everything, going to dive under the thing tomorrow and double check in case I missed something.

if the box has to come out again, someone kick the stands lol

Alright checked the tail shaft and gearbox mounts with a pry bar, seems to be all good.

starting to think it’s clutch related..

has anyone had a Nismo dual mass flywheel failure?

f**k this gets even weirder then.

Might just take it to a shop and let them deal with it. 
managed to work out everything to date but this has me stumped

Yep, standard front and rear diff

again the car drove fine in December, all I’ve done was pull off the twins and fit up a single turbo set up. 
encountered the vibration when I pulled the car out and turned it around for the tow truck before we went to the fabricators.

assumed it’s just one of the massive boost leaks pre plumbing but here we are. 
still shaking it’s tits off

• 4 weeks later...

alright fellas,
clutch is no good, no idea why, how or what but im just going to slap a new clutch into the dog and call it a day.
local r32 guy has the exact same issue, seems to be one of the plates fusing to the pressure plate or some shit.

ill post pics when i get the thing out xoxo