SAU Community

RB26 boost leak? limp mode?

have done smoke test and there is no leak. I found the problem and got it fixed. It was the second hose under the Plenum who had also a restrictor in place. I also changed all vacuum hoses so i had this restrictor no more. Just fished the old hoses out of my trashcan to check the diameter and realized the green marked hose and checked it with my camera. Put this restrictor in my new silicone hose and got 1.0 with 1.1 - 1.2 overboost back.

cheers

10 hours ago, Paddy_R33 said:

have done smoke test and there is no leak. I found the problem and got it fixed. It was the second hose under the Plenum who had also a restrictor in place. I also changed all vacuum hoses so i had this restrictor no more. Just fished the old hoses out of my trashcan to check the diameter and realized the green marked hose and checked it with my camera. Put this restrictor in my new silicone hose and got 1.0 with 1.1 - 1.2 overboost back.

cheers

I have never had to think about this before but that makes sense. Too much boost bleeding off going to the wastegate actuator will overwhelm the atmospheric vent.