SAU Community

Having trouble bleeding ATTESA

blind_elk

I finally got round to purchasing the replacement solenoid for the ATTESA pump (refer my post in Vic section from April/2022).

So today I tried installing it - what a @#$% problem that is!. Gave up quickly, decided to see if simply bleeding ATTESA would help. Found a uTube video, watched, seemed simple enough. Had difficulty bleeding the rear nipple (can't swing a brake spanner up there), and had minimal fluid come out.

So, to front, disconnect clip, crack nipple, pump works for a bit, then stops. Keep cracking nipple, pump not working. (when disconnected, torque gauge goes 60% - is that right?)

So, anyone got a diagnosis? Is the whole ATTESA f*kced? Do I need to totally dismantle it and reassemble?

BTW, pic of my reservoir:

PC240034.thumb.JPG.0a70a10765c12e3e6cf82c863965bb1c.JPG

22 hours ago, blind_elk said:

I finally got round to purchasing the replacement solenoid for the ATTESA pump (refer my post in Vic section from April/2022).

So today I tried installing it - what a @#$% problem that is!. Gave up quickly, decided to see if simply bleeding ATTESA would help. Found a uTube video, watched, seemed simple enough. Had difficulty bleeding the rear nipple (can't swing a brake spanner up there), and had minimal fluid come out.

So, to front, disconnect clip, crack nipple, pump works for a bit, then stops. Keep cracking nipple, pump not working. (when disconnected, torque gauge goes 60% - is that right?)

So, anyone got a diagnosis? Is the whole ATTESA f*kced? Do I need to totally dismantle it and reassemble?

BTW, pic of my reservoir:

PC240034.thumb.JPG.0a70a10765c12e3e6cf82c863965bb1c.JPG

The air gap in your reservoir at the bottom should not exceed 5mm. When the air bleed mode is set by unplugging the connector the pump should run to maintain a fixed target pressure. If it's not re-pressurizing after cracking the nipple for a second then something might be wrong. But if it holds pressure then it's probably fine.

• 1 month later...

Well, finally got new solenoid fitted - no-one said anything about needing to drop the diff! Still getting code 18, which suggests its the pump that is rooted.

Anyone know if the pump is repairable / serviceable? Where I might find one (even to take apart to see how it works)?

1 hour ago, blind_elk said:

Well, finally got new solenoid fitted - no-one said anything about needing to drop the diff! Still getting code 18, which suggests its the pump that is rooted.

Anyone know if the pump is repairable / serviceable? Where I might find one (even to take apart to see how it works)?

https://www.nismo.co.jp/heritage_parts/repair.html

Nismo offers an ATTESA actuator block rebuild service, but have you replaced the accumulator on the ATTESA block yet? That can cause a code 18.