SAU Community

UniClutch

Butters

So I have been watching some of the video's peddling these and on paper they look like magic. 

I have a r34 getrag with a nismo supercoppermix  and its amazing to drive, just holds the power but the box is noisy and I would like a little more room power wise. 

So the claim is with the new dampening design in the Uniclutch I will get "near" factory levels of gearbox noise without the dual mass flywheel. 

The torque ratings are very high so power seems like no issue, 800ft/lb will be near 1000hp on an rb26.  

So the only question I have is pedal weight,  it will be going from pull to push.  I have an injury that means an overly heavy pedal will not be do-able. 

Any one used one yet ? 

Edited by Butters
  • Like 1

From what they say, the pedal weight should be less than most comparably rated clutches. So.... perhaps you shouldn't worry? The lower end of their range is supposed to be stock pedal weight or lighter, and the race end is supposed to be "surprisingly light", from what I gathered from (likely) the same vids.

• Like 1

Speaking to them over email at the moment, they did suggest the track model might be better for 1000hp which I imagine is covering themselves. 

Getting a straight answer on which flywheel to use is proving tricky, might be easier to just call them. 

Any recommendations on a pull to push conversion ?

Been looking at ORC and ATS but both state specific to their clutch. 

• 5 months later...

Track version is now out for the GTR. 

Got this when i asked about track version still having RDC, which is good news. 

"All UniClutch’s have silent shift - even the track version. So never any chatter . Track has Quad drive noise dampening which has less angularity than dual drive RDC, but it’s stronger, and will still dampen noise in a Petrol vehicle without a dual mass flywheel . Would be a little noisier in a diesel if the DMF has been swapped out. But that is usually 4x4s and there is a 4Terrain UniClutch tuned for that type of vehicle - ie a Patrol.

Still no detail on which flywheel to use with the BNR34 nor a recommended pull to push conversion.  

From Uniclutch 

"For the flywheels, both the R32 and R34 GTR are very similar and share the same UniClutch fitment kit so you can purchase whichever you like. Just be aware that you would set it up according to the flywheel you buy. If using an R32 GTR flywheel, setup the UniClutch like an R32 GTR.

Yes, you will need a pull-to-push conversion. We are working on a pull type UniClutch, however, this is expected near the end of the year. The OS Giken stuff works great."

Trying to decide between these two flywheels - 

https://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-lightweight-flywheel-for-sports-clutch-kit-bnr34.html

https://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-lightweight-flywheel-for-sports-clutch-kit-bnr32-bcnr33-r32-r33-a31-wgnc34.html

Any others I should be looking at ?

would a NPC one work?

https://www.npcperformance.com.au/product/lightweight-billet-steel-flywheel-rnf03/

and here's their catalogue:

https://www.npcperformance.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/NPC-Performance-Flywheel-Catalogue-2023-Full-List-WEBSITE.pdf

(I am not affiliated, even though I keep recommending their shit lol... I am going to buy a Xtreme clutch soon)

• Like 1