SAU Community

looking for the original height rating of the rb30

Hello everyone ,

I am looking for the height rating of the RB30, because I would like to know if mine has already been planed or not

mine placed on my marble is approximately 286 millimeters
and the shirt is 152 millimeters

20240202_1731531.thumb.jpg.dc96187a2ac675b14bb874986f823c01.jpg    20240202_1727091.thumb.jpg.e24547ade9ded71044a5a3644c5a565a.jpg

Your measurement technique will never tell you the deck height. Tape measures are not accurate enough, and you need to measure from the centreline of the crank, not the bottom of the skirt.

I don't know what the correct dimension is. Hopefully someone will chime in with it. But in the mean time, buy yourself a good quality 1000mm ruler and a straight edge. The straight edge is to take the place of the crank. You need to bolt on the main caps, and measure from the top of the main bearings to the deck, and from the bottom of the bearings to the deck, and average those two numbers.

thank you GTSBoy,

I'm going to do as you told me with my rigid rules. afterward I did as it was just to see if my block is still valid or not, otherwise it won't be much use to me to work on it

It would only be better with your method thank you once again, I hope there will be people who will respond too I will see