SAU Community

Rb25 into r31/vct wiring

Hey guys just wired in a 25 into my r31 the car runs and starts fine but am having trouble understanding how to wire up the vct/o2 my understanding is they are powered off the same wire, I’ve read elsewhere that one wire for the vct goes to ign 12v and the other to ecu pin113, hoping some can shed some light for me as there are only 2 conversion guides I can find but one is just a alteration of the other and isn’t any clearer to me, cheers

IMG_8597.png

Edited by Liam2421
Spelling mistake

22 minutes ago, Liam2421 said:

I have a copy of the ecu pinout as per this guide https://wiki.r31skylineclub.com/index.php/Wiring_an_RB25DET_into_an_R31

You should have the wiring diagram handy and not just the ecu pinout. VCT on an R33 is one wire to 12VDC (Originally from fuse #17 but any 12VDC will do) and other wire to pin 113 on ecu. VCT solenoid is not polarity sensitive. 

• Like 1

On 17/3/2024 at 12:24 PM, TurboTapin said:

You should have the wiring diagram handy and not just the ecu pinout. VCT on an R33 is one wire to 12VDC (Originally from fuse #17 but any 12VDC will do) and other wire to pin 113 on ecu. VCT solenoid is not polarity sensitive. 

Ok I’ll try get my hands on one but perhaps you could tell me if it goes off the same wire as o2 sensor Hopefully can kill 2 birds with one stone if I just tap ignition and the pin 113 into that, thankyou for your help

5 hours ago, Liam2421 said:

Ok I’ll try get my hands on one but perhaps you could tell me if it goes off the same wire as o2 sensor Hopefully can kill 2 birds with one stone if I just tap ignition and the pin 113 into that, thankyou for your help

Yes, it's the same 12VDC circuit that feeds the O2 sensor, AAC valve, Boost control solenoid, etc. 

• Thanks 1