SAU Community

Custom titanium intake

Hi all,

does anyone know a shop that can make me up a custom intake and turbo inlet piping. Similar to the one in the photo below. I would need it shipped overseas also so would not be able to bring the car in. 

Thanks 

IMG_0881.png

Surely there would have to be some sort of custom fabrication shop around your area that would be able to do this.

5 minutes ago, UWISSH! said:

Surely there would have to be some sort of custom fabrication shop around your area that would be able to do this.

Unfortunately not. Was hoping there would be a shop in Australia that I could enlist with the work and then ship the parts in. Thanks 

The trouble is, custom is custom. The pipes have to join onto other pipes, so you kinda need/want the car there to make sure that that happens. No-one has a 3D virtual model or a mockup jig of what you neen it to fit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

The trouble is, custom is custom. The pipes have to join onto other pipes, so you kinda need/want the car there to make sure that that happens. No-one has a 3D virtual model or a mockup jig of what you neen it to fit.

Yes hoping someone had a stock r32 around to make up the pipes and then fit to that car … then send to me. If u know what I mean.

5 minutes ago, Sleepergm said:

Yes hoping someone had a stock r32 around to make up the pipes and then fit to that car … then send to me. If u know what I mean.

Yeah that can be a go, you'll just need to reassure the shop they are not on the hook for fitment issues. The turbo outlet Y pipe to intercooler should be pretty safe, you just adjust the cooler piping to match.

Turbo inlets from Pods don't have to be that exact because while the pod is mounted, it doesn't have to be in an exact location.

Having said that....I don't have a suggestion of a Ti fab shop so I'm not much help

2 hours ago, Sleepergm said:

Unfortunately not. Was hoping there would be a shop in Australia that I could enlist with the work and then ship the parts in. Thanks 

Where about are you located exactly?

you could try contact dahtone racing through facebook as he gets a lot of specialized fab work done and he ships his DBW inlet kits overseas 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UWISSH! said:

Where about are you located exactly?

you could try contact dahtone racing through facebook as he gets a lot of specialized fab work done and he ships his DBW inlet kits overseas 

Thanks I live in Hong Kong. But I travel to Australia a lot for business. Do u have his website info? Thanks 

1 hour ago, Sleepergm said:

Thanks I live in Hong Kong. But I travel to Australia a lot for business. Do u have his website info? Thanks 

Just look him up on facebook, he posts stories quite regularly 

11 minutes ago, morboost said:

get a local shop to make exactly what you want in mild steel or alloy then find a quality ti fabricator and send them the templates

Yeah that’s even tough. I mean we aren’t even really allowed to upgrade our rims in hk. Hence not a lot of shops that can do the work. 

Call Vspec performance in Melbourne
They may be able to help you out

There is a pretty sweet Rb26 in HK atm with a 79mm ultra billet Callies crank, Saenz Titanium Rods, and 90mm BME pistons in a billet RB block, Bullet Race Engineering call it there streetzilla pkg
technically its RB3015cc

Good luck

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DanGreen006 said:

Call Vspec performance in Melbourne
They may be able to help you out

There is a pretty sweet Rb26 in HK atm with a 79mm ultra billet Callies crank, Saenz Titanium Rods, and 90mm BME pistons in a billet RB block, Bullet Race Engineering call it there streetzilla pkg
technically its RB3015cc

Good luck

Nice I havent heard or seen this car yet ...